Grade E (SCP 11 - 17), £21,166 - £23,836 pro rata (actual salary £15,816 - £17,812)
33.25 hours per week 8.30am – 3.30pm (half hour unpaid lunch & 4.30 finish on Wednesdays and 3.15pm finish on Fridays)
Term time + 1 training day
Are you passionate about helping every child succeed and improve their life chances?
Are you prepared to work collaboratively for the benefit of young people?
Will you offer children the opportunity to experience “life in all its fullness” by doing what it takes, no matter what their starting point or social challenges?
If so, Bolton St Catherine’s Academy would love to hear from you!
We are a 3-19 all age fully inclusive Academy on an exciting journey to become an outstanding organisation and are delighted to be able to offer state-of-the-art facilities in a new £36 million building providing staff with the opportunity to teach in a cutting edge and vibrant environment.
It is an exciting time to be joining us as we work hard to improve and bring in line our KS4 outcomes with those in our primary and 6th form phases which are already considered to be good. In 2018 we joined the then recently formed Bishop Fraser Trust, a C of E multi academy trust, providing a great opportunity to work closely with the two outstanding schools in the MAT - St James’s C of E High School and Canon Slade School, sharing good practice and building on the much needed improvement work and progress that has been taking place over these past two years.
The schools of The Bishop Fraser Trust aim to offer:
- A high quality, inclusive and distinctive education
- A caring and nurturing environment based on our Christian values, recognising the uniqueness of each child.
This post will add capacity to our existing small team of cover staff. The post holder will be an individual who:
- demonstrates flexibility, good teamwork and a commitment to the Academy's values: Believe, Strive, Care and Achieve
- manages student learning through effective delivery of provided lesson plans, ensuring continuity and progression
- facilitates and encourages a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential
- contributes to raising standards of student attainment throughout the Academy
- motivates students to work hard and try their best
- actively shares what works well and seeks to explore ways to improve their own and others’ practice
- works hard to ensure all students are engaged in their learning irrespective of their starting point and individual needs
- understands that behaviour management starts with the quality of teaching in the classroom
- demonstrates personal resilience and role models those personal qualities we wish to instil in our young people
In return we can offer:
- fantastic facilities
- a supportive and encouraging staff team
- a laptop to use whilst in employment
- a rigorous and motivational weekly programme of continuous professional development
- opportunities to work with primary phase pupils and get involved in extra-curricular activities
- a paid premium to a Healthcare Cash Plan to claim back contributions towards dental, optical and other medical costs
- 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to a Cycle to Work Scheme
- A lunch allowance for those colleagues volunteering to assist in lunchtime duties or activities
For more information visit our website www.boltonstcatherinesacademy.org.uk or please contact Charlie Bradburn, Cbradburn@boltonstcatherinesacademy.org.uk
Visits to the school prior to application are warmly welcomed. Please contact Mrs L Knibb to arrange on 01204 332533.
To apply please complete the TES online application form, ensuring in your application statement that you show how you meet items on the person specification and explaining why you are applying for this post and why our school. Please pre-empt any obvious questions your application may pose by addressing these in your application.
The Bishop Fraser Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to child protection screening including an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and also past employment checks. We are an equal opportunities employer. References will be sought prior to interview.