Dates: Required to start January 2018
Contract type: 37.5 hours per week, term time only (39 weeks includes 5 training days).
Contract term: Permanent Salary: Level 3 SCP 18-25 (£18,070 – £22,658 FTE) (£15,901- £19,939 Actual)
Dixons City Academy is a much sought after centre of excellence serving the whole community of Bradford.
We currently offer 825 places for 11-16 year old students plus 280 at Post 16 and can offer you:
- Positive and polite students. Ofsted graded us ‘outstanding’ for Behaviour and Safety in 2014 ?
- The opportunity to join a high performing Academy focused on learning ?
- An excellent weekly CPD programme and opportunities for all staff to develop continually ?
- The chance to be part of a successful and highly committed staff team ?
- Professional and friendly colleagues with a ‘can do’ attitude ?
- A Senior Leadership Team who believe in support and challenge in equal measure and see staff wellbeing as vital for all to be the best they can be
Our Vision Our vision is that every child will be equally able to secure outstanding educational outcomes and reach their full potential. All children will be instilled with the desire to learn, the knowledge to think critically and creatively and the power to determine their future and change the world for the better. Students will achieve this through becoming resilient, confident and independent learners and appreciating our 5 PRIDE values (Purpose, Respect, Integrity, Determination and Excellence), modelled by all staff at all times. We are ambitious for our students, our staff and our Academy and invest in strong professional relationships in order to be the best we all can be. Dixons City Academy values its reputation as a top-performing school, with student learning at its heart.
The successful candidate will be:
- committed to the vision and ethos of this high performing Academy
- have successful experience of working with young people, preferably in an educational environment
- calm and confident, able to work on own initiative.
- able to motivate and inspire all students from a variety of backgrounds to achieve their full potential and have the belief that all children can make outstanding progress
More information about the post and a downloadable application form can be found on our website: www.dixonsca.com. Please contact Laura Fletcher HR administrator on 01274 750155 with any queries or to come and see the Academy.
Closing date for applications: 8.00am on Friday 15th December
This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received.
We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community. The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will need to provide a current DBS certificate and check via the Update Service or undertake a DBS enhanced clearance for the academy.