Cathedral Schools Trust is seeking to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic and well-organised individual to provide cover for staff absence across the Trust’s secondary schools, currently Bristol Cathedral Choir School; St Katherine’s; and Trinity Academy.
Due to the nature of the work, some weeks will be busier than others. Therefore, it is envisaged that the post holder will work flexibly across the Trust’s secondary schools, as required.
The primary focus of this role will be supervision of classes as they undertake work set in the short-term absence of the class teacher.
This will include:
- Clearly explaining the work set; managing student expectations; giving feedback on the lesson
- Liaising with subject staff, in particular curriculum team leaders and the coordinator of supply cover (SLT).
- Implementing school policies when supervising classes, particularly in relation to good behaviour and conduct; attendance, including taking registers; disciplinary routes / referrals.
Whole school expectations:
- Developing good working relationships with colleagues, students and classes, and parents.
- To assist with other support staff duties when not required to supervise classes. This could include invigilating examinations or providing learning support for individuals / groups of students.
The successful applicant will have excellent literacy and numeracy skills and be able to effectively support and motivate students in their learning. They will understand the needs and aspirations of young people along with the potential barriers to participation and achievement.
Excellent communication skills and the ability to work flexibly within a team are essential.
Experience in a similar setting or a proven track record of working effectively with young people would be desirable.
Applications to be received by midnight Sunday 3rd November 2019.
Interviews are expected to take place week commencing Monday 11th November 2019.
Further information about the schools is available from our website.
Cathedral Schools Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to references, DBS Barred list and Enhanced Disclosure checks.