We are looking for a Cover Supervisor to supervise whole classes during the short-term absence of teachers. The primary focus when supervising will be to maintain good order and to keep pupils on task. The Cover Supervisor will need to respond to questions and generally assist pupils to undertake set activities.
All staff at Bury Grammar School are expected to model exemplary professional behaviour. Staff are expected to be fully supportive of the School aims and are required to abide by the Code of Conduct as set out in the BGS Employee Handbook. All staff are expected to be prepared to work in either the Senior Boys, Senior Girls or Sixth Form as may be required from time to time.
Duties and responsibilities
• To supervise lessons and learning activities for pupils.
• To ensure that, as best as is possible, learning objectives set by the teacher are achieved.
• To respond appropriately to questions raised by pupils.
• To ensure inclusion and acceptance of all pupils in the class in order to promote equal opportunities.
• To collect any completed work to pass on to the teacher.
• To act as a role model and set high expectations of conduct to ensure that good behaviour is maintained.
• Keep appropriate records, as agreed with the teacher, to enable objective and accurate feedback to the teacher and pupils on conduct of the lessons.
• To deal with immediate problems and emergencies in accordance with the school’s policies.
• Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security and confidentiality, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
• Be aware of and support difference and ensure all pupils have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop.
• Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school.
• Establish constructive relationships and communicate with other agencies/professional, in liaison with the appropriate school staff, to support achievement and progress of pupils.
• Attend and participate in meetings as directed.
• Participate in training and other learning activities as required.
• Recognise own strengths and areas of expertise and use these to advise and support others.
• Assist in the supervision, training and development of staff
• Supervise pupils on visits, trips and out of school activities as required.