Are you - Highly skilled / Dedicated / Energetic?
Are you prepared to go the extra mile for your pupils?
Do you have the drive to really make things happen within a dynamic school that has high ambitions for all its’ children and staff?
Biggleswade Academy Trust is an independent, state funded Academy providing truly comprehensive education and wrap around care for children aged 2-13. Our pupils are motivated, well-behaved and value their education. Our Preschool provision received an ‘Outstanding’ Ofsted judgement in September 2014. (See the full report on our website).
We are seeking an efficient, reliable and ambitious individual with the experience to become our Cover Supervisor. The role will involve supervising whole classes during short-term absence of teachers.
Main responsibilities will include:
- To ensure that students work in a calm and secure environment, creating and maintaining a purposeful learning environment for pupils across all Academy sites.
- Can support expectations of pupil behaviour according to the Academy’s Every Child Matters Policy.
- Can ensure that the work set by the teacher is carried out in accordance with the Academy Learning and Teaching policy.
- Can ensure that pupils have equality of access to opportunities to learn and develop
- When not needed to perform Cover Supervision for short-term absence, the post holder will be expected to co-ordinate resources for displays around the school, or provide other administrative assistance as required.
You will have the ability to think strategically and display excellent attention to detail. Being able to build positive relationships and communicate at all levels, you will have previous experience in supporting learners with specific needs as well as a good understanding of the school curriculum, age related expectations of learners, teaching methods and testing/assessment arrangements.
If you have the genuine passion and enthusiasm to join our dynamic team and don’t want to settle for second best – we want to hear from you!
In return, we can offer an organisation committed to innovation and professional development where you will have a chance to grow and have a genuine impact upon the improvement and advancement of the Academy.
Biggleswade Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the DBS (Disclosure Barring Service).
Mead End, Biggleswade, Bedfordshire, SG18 8JU