OneSchool Global UK Biggleswade is part of the OneSchool Global network, one of the most extensive and progressive networks of schools and educational support services in the world. With schools in 20 countries worldwide, our 9,000 students are benefitting from the amazing results of global collaboration and cutting-edge educational methods such as Self-Directed Learning and extensive use of learning technologies.
Our small and friendly team at our Biggleswade Campus are looking to recruit an experienced and interactive Cover Supervisor to join the team on full time (TTO), permanent basis to supervise whole classes in learning spaces, study lessons and to cover short term absence of teachers when required.
Our schools offer achievement, opportunity and professional challenge to our students within a supportive environment. The students have a passion and desire to excel in learning. We are looking for conscientious and hard-working individuals who are passionate about education and pay meticulous attention to detail.
• Have experience of working in schools and / or with young people
• Knowledge of basic classroom practice, school systems and routines
• Possess a good understanding and up to date knowledge of the current National Curriculum
• Able to manage classrooms / learning centres effectively using policy for guidance
• Possess a good understanding of SEND procedures
• Have a diverse set of skills which will enable you to be flexible working in the classroom for both theory and practical sessions, as well as in our modern learning centre
• Be an innovative and reflective practitioner who is keen to learn
• Be productive, creative and show initiative with a positive and flexible approach towards work
• Respect and promote the schools Ethos and Values
• To set an example of positive personal integrity and professionalism, with positive, appropriate and effective communications and relationships at all levels
• Communicate and co-operate effectively and positively with specialists from outside agencies where applicable
• To work with due regard to confidentiality and the principles of Data Protection, encouraging others to do the same
• Supportive staff, and an involved community who are committed to school improvement, who will work with you to achieve your goals
• Students who are enthusiastic and highly motivated with a love of learning
• Excellent premises and well-equipped classrooms providing a modern and technologically advanced learning environment for students
• The opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of our students
• A competitive salary (including a staff laptop) and Teachers Pension Contributions
• Professional support from OneSchool Global UK to continually progress and develop your career - equivalent to 100 hours per academic year
• To supervise whole classes in learning spaces when zoom lessons are being delivered remotely, maintain good order and upholding the values of the school
• To supervise study lessons and facilitate self-directed learning by coaching, maintain good order and upholding the values of the school
• To cover short term absence of teachers when required. Cover Supervisors will instruct and coach students as per teacher guidance
• Ensure learning centre and classroom protocols are adhered to by all students
• Supervision of students, ensuring appropriate level of support and behaviour management
• Ensuring equipment and facilities are maintained to a high standard and full equipped at all times
• Supervise pupils while they are engaged in learning activities and deal with immediate problems and emergencies
• Manage pupil’s behaviour within the ethos and behavioural policies of the school
• Set high expectations of conduct whilst acting as a role model
• Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils with the learning centre and classroom within the school’s policies and procedures of equal opportunities
• Provide objective and accurate feedback to the teacher on the conduct of the lesson and the behaviour of the pupils
• Maintain and pass on any appropriate record as agreed beforehand with the teacher
• Provide support and assistance to teaching staff in large examinations or test groups
• To provide additional support to the administration team when not required for cover duties or classroom support
• To perform such other duties as may be requested from time to time, commensurate with the role
• Uphold and promulgate the OneSchool Global UK ethos within all areas of responsibility
For further information relating to the Campus, or for more information about OneSchool Global UK please visit: http://www.oneschoolglobal.com or follow us on LinkedIn.
Please email email@example.com for an application pack or if you have any questions regarding the role.
Closing Date for application forms: Midday on Friday 3rd December 2021
Interviews will be held week commencing: 10th December 2021
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
OneSchool Global UK is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.
We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school. This is in line with statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education 2021 and The Education Act 2002, we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
OneSchool Global UK Biggleswade Campus opened in September 2014. Combining the current campus and former Cambridge Campus onto one site in September 2018, it now has students attending that live in a number of surrounding counties.
OneSchool Global U...