35.5 hours per week, term time only
‘Staff work together well as a team and are committed to the school’s ongoing success. The responses to the staff questionnaire were overwhelming positive’ Ofsted 2013
The Rawlett School is a successful and popular 11-16 community school and in recent years we have become the school of choice in our local community. We have maintained our ‘good’ judgement by Ofsted in 2017 and in 2016 we celebrated sustained results. Our P8 score was one of the top in Staffordshire and the highest locally. We are proud of our broad and balanced GCSE based curriculum.
Our students are at the heart of all that we do, and we place great importance on not only making sure that they achieve academic success, but also on developing their social skills and emotional maturity. In recent years 100% of pupils have moved into education, employment or training.
- A ‘Good’ school in every area by Ofsted (June 2013 and April 2017). Outstanding features were noted.
- A school with a Positive Progress 8 outcome because our students exceed expectations.
- A leading school in the Midlands hub of AET schools with a real focus on making sure all our staff develop professionally.
- A school where British values are at the heart of our curriculum – so that all our students leave school knowing how to conduct themselves in the wider world.
We are looking for a Cover Supervisor / Curriculum Area Learning Supervisor
who really cares about helping our students succeed and is willing to support the development of our students. You will be joining a school who:
- put students first – We aim to inspire all our learners through innovative teaching
- supports CPD and career development – We support and challenge each other’s teaching through frequent CPD, coaching and mentoring for all new staff
- value team spirit and positive working relationships – We support each other through team-teaching and collaborative planning, fostering a positive working environment.
We are looking for someone who:
- Be able to offer invaluable practical and administrative support to teaching staff.
- Ideally have experience of working in a school training based environment or be a graduate with experience looking to enter into work in education.
Come and visit us to meet the team of students and staff who make The Rawlett School one of the best schools in Staffordshire:
- Email the office to arrange a learning walk during the school day or a chance to meet us and/or have a chat
- Apply for our role and see us on interview day.
Join our team and build a wonderful career in a school you are passionate about with students you love to help learn.
Visits are welcome and these can be arranged by contacting Gail Gough – PA to Leadership Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As the sponsor, AET believes that all young people deserve to become world-class learners – to learn, enjoy, succeed and thrive in a first rate educational environment with the best facilities, the best teaching and the most up-to-date resources available to them. In each of our AET academies, you will benefit from visionary, inspirational and dynamic leadership and be empowered to develop your own skills with access to world-class CPD and Talent Management programmes. You will also be entitled to the following benefits: a health cash plan, vehicle affinity scheme, childcare vouchers and Westfield rewards.
The position is due to commence as soon as possible.
Closing date: 3.00pm – Wednesday 20 September 2017
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
To apply for this post please click apply on the TES advert.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/a/aetinet.org/aetwebsite/our-teaching-school/initial-teacher-training for further details.