Will you 'Dare to Excel' and join our school?
We are looking for a Cover Supervisor to join the team and support the work of the school when teachers are absent due to planned or enplaned absence. The role involves taking sole charge of a full class of students, managing their behaviour and keeping them on task to complete the work set by the absent teacher.
Duties will include:
· Starting the lesson, settling the students and allocating the set work
· Supervising work that has been set, keeping students focussed on their work and ensuring a constructive environment
· Managing student behaviour in line with school policy
· Responding to student queries
· Collecting completed work and returning it to the teacher
· Covering registration for absent tutors
The job description and person specification provide further information. Formal teaching qualifications are not required but this post may suit someone considering a career in teaching.
The hours of work will cover the full school day and are not negotiable. The working hours are 08:25 to 15:20 Monday to Friday for 39 weeks per year (term time plus training days).
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will have to meet the requirements of the person specification and will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks which will, where applicable, include a health check, an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
The Deepings School is an Equal Opportunities Employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The Deepings School fully recognises its responsibilities for child protection. Our policy applies to all staff, governors and volunteers working in the school.