Greenford High School
Lady Margaret Road, Southall, Middlesex, UB1 2GU
Headteacher: Mr M Cramer BA (Hons) MA
NOR: 1800; 600 Post 16.
Starting Date: September 2017
Closing Date for application: Thursday 6th July (interviews following week)
Salary: 35 Hours a week; term time only plus inset days; Scale 6: Point 26 to 28 (£21,868 to £23,215 at June 17)
This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly successful, outstanding, oversubscribed, mixed, multi-cultural high school in West London. We are in the top 270 schools, out of 6235 nationally, for student progress. We are looking for a cover supervisor to take lessons when the teacher is absent; someone with a love of learning and an assertive but positive presence around students. We will accept applications from candidates looking for temporary or part-time work, as well as from those seeking longer term positions.
• Greenford High is a key member of the Ealing Teaching School Alliance and has a long history of offering excellent CPD, supporting other schools, personalised coaching and an outstanding record of career progression and staff promotion.
• We have a great record of developing NQTs and Student Teachers, training over 40 teachers new to the profession each year. We are active partners to both Teach First and the Institute of Education, hosting and delivering CPD for their teachers.
• Friendly, dynamic and enthusiastic colleagues
• Excellent modern facilities and interactive technology in a well-resourced, new school, with a new KS3 building opening in 2018
• Other benefits include: generous non-contact time; small class sizes wherever possible; assistance for those taking Masters and further degrees; many colleagues taking Teaching Leaders courses, Future Leaders, NPQML and NPQSL; the opportunity to train and mentor student teachers and Teach First; a dedicated and supportive pastoral team; guaranteed car parking spaces and bicycle storage; shared department workroom; an excellent library; access to sporting facilities and a fitness gym; Workplace Options scheme providing advice and support; staff social events and well-being sessions
Application packs are available from the school website www.greenford.ealing.sch.uk and should be returned to Dawn Druce at email@example.com