Cover Supervisor Fixed Term 1 Year
Kent Range 5 £18,704 - £20,121 FTE (£12,838.63 – 13,811.27 actual salary).
30 hours a week (8.30am – 3.30pm with 40-minute lunch break and 20-minute morning break), 39 weeks a year (term time only including 5 training days).
Our school is increasingly becoming the first choice school for parents. As a result we are currently oversubscribed. This is an exciting opportunity to join an enthusiastic and highly motivated team, which includes Data, Exams and Cover.
The ideal candidate will be able to supervise whole classes during short term absence of teachers, ensuring learners continue to learn and make progress.
Essential requirements include:
• Level 2 qualifications in English and Mathematics (GCSE level 4 or above or equivalent)
• Previous experience of working with children of secondary school age
• Ability to use Microsoft Office packages to a proficient standard
• Ability to apply behaviour management policies and strategies which contribute to a purposeful learning environment.
• The ability to work well in a team and independently
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Must have the ability to work calmly under pressure and have the ability to adapt quickly and effectively to changing circumstances/situations.
• Knowledge of SIMS
• Previous teaching experience
Please apply online via the TESwebsite. To arrange an informal visit please contact the HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Closing date: 27 January 2020
Interviews: Week commencing 27 January 2020
The Malling School is committed to the safeguarding and promotion of welfare of all children and young people. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure, CV, Teaching Agency, Occupational Health check and two satisfactory references.
Applications will be considered upon receipt and we reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy should sufficient interest be received. Therefore, early application is recommended to avoid disappointment.