Inspire their Remarkable with us
12 hours per week(Thursday and Friday), 39 weeks per year
We are keen to appoint a dedicated member of staff to supervise whole classes, primarily at Thorpe Campus, during the short-term absence of teachers. Cover Supervisors are given instructions for the lesson as provided by a teacher and the primary focus of the role will be to maintain good order and to help students to learn independently. You will also be required to act as an examination invigilator and provide classroom support with a teacher.
- Have a proven track record of supporting classes
- Have the necessary ICT skills to carry out administrative duties
- Be a quick learner with excellent communication skills
- Have the ability to work under your own initiative and as part of a team when necessary
Tendring Technology is a key member of The Academies Enterprise Trust (AET), a multi-Academy sponsor which aims to provide the opportunity for all young learners to fulfil their real potential, broaden their horizons and become active, prosperous and successful citizens in the world around them. The College is a large successful 11-18 mixed comprehensive school, which has two campuses; Frinton Campus (KS4 & KS5) and Thorpe Campus (KS3) with approx. 5 miles between sites.
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More training and development, so you can get better at what you do - Varied and stretching continuous professional development opportunities.
- More support for you and your loved ones - A health cash plan, employee loans and savings scheme, discounted gym membership and employee assistance programme.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More reward - A generous and flexible Local Government Pension scheme for support staff.
- More possibilities - To inspire children to find their remarkable.
Start date: Monday 30 September 2019 or as soon as possible thereafter
Interview date: Monday 23 September 2019.
Closing date: Thursday 19 September 2019.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today by clicking the ‘apply button’
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.