Position Title: Cover Supervisor
Pay Range: Grade C (£16,336 - £18,623 pro-rata)
Position Start: January 2022
Contract Type: 30hours 15 minutes per week (Monday 8:30am – 3:30pm Tuesday-Friday 8:30am – 3:15pm, 38 working weeks a year)
Contract Term: Fixed term until 31st August 2022 with the potential to become permanent
Application Close: 4th January 2022
William Edwards School is a happy and positive school looking to appoint an effective, enthusiastic and experienced Cover Supervisor to join our friendly and supportive team. They will support the delivery of high quality learning experiences and assist in the support and development of students throughout the School. This is a great opportunity to help pupils gain the academic skills, social skills and knowledge for successful futures. Here, you can benefit from a wealth of experience, training opportunities and a supportive, collaborative spirit.
As a Cover Supervisor, you will have experience of:
- Supervising work that has been set in accordance with the school policy.
- Providing feedback to the classroom teacher on the pupil’s progress against lesson plans, conduct of the lesson. Keeping pupil related records.
- Providing additional support to teachers in classrooms, to carry out administrative tasks when not covering a class.
- Reporting pupil and school issues in line with the School’s policies for health and safety, child protection, behaviour management etc.
Why William Edwards School?
William Edwards is a large, successful, harmonious and thriving mixed 11-16 comprehensive school. Pupil outcomes across the school are historically strong with core subjects consistently performing well. However, life at William Edwards is about so much more than just GCSE outcomes and we understand and value the importance of pupil-centred education and a wide curriculum offer. Following the school’s most recent inspection in May 2019, Ofsted said that “pupils who spoke to inspectors were effusive about their experience in school” and we are delighted that our recent inspection captured our considerable strengths in teaching, pastoral care, behaviour, pupil support and curriculum. We are pleased that these 'cornerstones' of high quality education remain strong at the school.
This is an exciting time to join SWECET. 2020 has seen the Trust grow to 6 schools with the opening of the new Orsett Heath Academy which will eventually accommodate 1200 pupils. SWECET is a realistic and forward-thinking Trust which genuinely values its workforce.
In return for their dedication to achieving our vision, we offer our colleagues:
- The support of an experienced Headteacher;
- A supportive and friendly work environment;
- Becoming part of a growing organisation;
- Full and comprehensive induction with training and tailored pathways for individual career progression;
- Competitive salaries;
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme;
- A health and wellbeing package;
- A two week October half term; and
- Reduced gym membership at a Trust school.
South West Essex Community Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants for this post must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including reference checks with previous employers and an enhanced DBS check with the Disclosure & Barring Service.