Grade 7 (SCP 14)
37 hours per week, term time + 2 days
Salary £19,179 per annum (9 month temporary contract)
Do you enjoy working with young people? Are you an inspiring, driven and enthusiastic individual? Do you have a passion for education and understand the importance of building strong relationships with students to identify their barriers to learning and support them?
We are looking to recruit a Cover Supervisor on a 9-month contract. The position is on a full-time basis and will cover most subjects from Year 7 to 11.
Cover Supervisors provide a vital role in school delivering lessons in the absence of the class teacher. The role requires excellent classroom management and an ability to follow detailed planning, to ensure that students are engaged and learning in lessons. A Cover Supervisor at Spen Valley will also spend some time working with our Personalised Learning team working with students to understand their barriers to learning and helping them overcome these to access the curriculum.
This is an exciting time to join Spen Valley High School as we build upon our many strengths and develop a truly coherent provision for our students. You will work alongside a team of highly professional & dedicated staff who are welcoming, open-minded and supportive. It is a particularly exciting time to join the school as we are undertaking a whole school review of our curriculum to ensure our students will leave us and be able to ’stand shoulder to shoulder’ with any other young person, from any other background.
To be considered for this role you must:
• Be degree qualified
• Have a high level in literacy and numeracy
• Have a flexible approach to work and be able to think on your feet
• Be confident and have a positive approach that engages students in their learning
• Support the restorative approach to behaviour management
As a Spen Valley Employee you will have access to:
• Various CPD opportunities (including training provided by The Red Kite Alliance)
• Employee Healthcare
• A variety of in school Wellbeing activities
• Staff supervision (on site counselling & support service)
• Pension (West Yorkshire Pension Fund)
For further information about the school please visit our website www.spenvalleyhighschool.co.uk, or for any queries, please contact Tracey Bland, our HR Lead at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01924 405451.