Academy: Leeds City Academy
Post title: Cover Supervisor
Grade: C1 .12 - .17 £21, 589 - £23, 836 pro rata (actual £18, 383 - £20, 296)
Hours: 37 per week/39 working weeks per year term time only plus 5 days
Accountable to: Vice Principal Quality of Education
This is an extremely exciting time to be joining Leeds City Academy, one of the most rapidly improving schools within the Leeds area and county of West Yorkshire. We are an 11-16 Academy and one of three schools within the White Rose Academies Trust, a Trust recognised nationally for its ground-breaking and transformational impact on the lives of the young people it serves. The Academy received a Section 5 Inspection in May 2019 achieving an overall Good judgement with Leadership and Management judged as Outstanding.
Our highly motivated and talented students are at the very centre of everything we do and the shared mission of all our stakeholders is to work ‘In Partnership’ in securing the aspirations and ambitions of every one of our young people. Our Academy is a unique and truly inspirational place to work, enhanced by our wonderful students who come from a diverse range of cultures, heritage and experiences; a significant proportion of students speak English as an additional language.
Our NQT and CPD training programme is highly respected by staff at the Academy and is further enhanced by the various opportunities for professional development provided through our excellent and varied White Rose Academies CPD programme.
Please apply if you wish to work for an Academy Trust who values and supports the next move in your career. Come and join us on our journey to becoming World Class.
Purpose of the role:
· To provide high quality cover supervision for the short term absence of teachers
· To use specialist skills/training to support students learning
· To establish productive working relationships with students, acting as a role model and setting high expectations
· To promote the inclusion and acceptance of all students within the classroom
· To support students consistently whilst recognising and responding to individual needs
· To encourage students to interact and work co-operatively with others and engage all students in activities
· To promote independence and employ strategies to recognise and reward achievement of self reliance
· To provide feedback to students in relation to progress and achievement
· To manage an appropriate and high quality learning environment in lessons
· To work with the teacher in lesson planning/ evaluating and adjusting lesson/work plans as appropriate
· To monitor and evaluate student responses to learning activities within a supervised lesson
· To provide objective and accurate feedback and reports as required to the teacher on student achievement, progress and other matters, ensuring the availability of appropriate evidence
· To be responsible for keeping and updating Academy records contributing to reviews of systems/records as requested
· To undertake the marking of students work which has predetermined answers and involves no element of professional judgement or assessment
· To accurately record achievement and progress
· To promote positive values, attitude and good student behaviour dealing promptly with conflict and incidents in line with established Positive Behaviour policy and encourage students to take responsibility for their own behaviour
· To administer and mark routine tests which have predetermined answers and involve no element of professional judgement or assessment
· To carry out invigilation of internal and external examinations
· To provide general administrative support, administer course work, produce worksheets for agreed activities
· To implement agreed learning activities and programmes adjusting activities according to student response or need
Part of The White Rose Academies Trust - the most rapidly improved family of schools in the region - Leeds City Academy is accelerating on a thrilling journey which will ultimately see the school, its staff and its students, secure World Class status in the next two years.
We're securing our vision for World Class status by growing our family of exceptional education professionals; dedicated specialists and passionate leaders with the shared goal of transforming future prospects for the next generation of West Yorkshire.
We provide exceptional life training; harnessing the skills and fortifying the aspirations of young people, who we know will transform the region and provide a positive, progressive contribution to society
The White Rose Academies Trust is a local Trust dedicated to raising and fulfilling the ambitions of young people. Our academies throughout Leeds are at the heart of the communities they serve, which is why we are committed to delivering an outstanding education to every one of our students.
The Trust employs over 370 outstanding professionals who are committed to unlocking the potential of the next generation. Our CPD Programme is focused on Innovation, Leadership Development and delivery of excellence for vulnerable groups. Our Beginner Teacher Programme is amongst the best in the region. We are on a significant journey which will see all of our schools Ofsted rated as outstanding within three years.
We are sponsored by Leeds City College (member of the Luminate Education Group) who provide expertise, international networks and highly desirable employability prospects within education and beyond.
As a Trust we also work very closely with the Outstanding GORSE Academies Trust through our membership of the GORSE SCITT and via accessing the Stephen Longfellow Academy Provision.
Closing date: Thursday 18/07/2019 at 09:00
Shortlisting date: Friday 19/07/2019
Interview date: Monday 22/07/2019
For further information please visit www.leedscityacademy.org.uk or to apply, please complete the attached application form and return to email@example.com. Please note we are unable to accept CVs.
The Governors and Executive Principal of Leeds City Academy are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and ensuring that safer recruiting procedures are in place. All appointments are subject to an Enhanced DBS Check.
PLEASE NOTE THE REQUIREMENT TO ATTACH YOUR APPLICATION FORM AS A SEPARATE DOCUMENT TO YOUR EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES FORM WHEN EMAILING YOUR APPLICATION TO US.