If you are ambitious, inspirational, creative, open-minded, and want to be part of our success then we want to hear from you. See what it means to be part of the David Ross Education trust from our children and parents here.
Providing our young people access to a world-class education and enrichment experiences is what drives us. Our students benefit from a wealth of opportunities to develop, learn and lead. From the classroom, to cultural visits, sports, music and arts and engaging with our local communities, the rich and varied experiences we create help fuel ambition and unlock potential. The education and experiences equips our young people with the leadership skills, team spirit, resilience and confidence to become outstanding citizens.
We work alongside outstanding organisations and individuals who are happy to share their expertise and skills in supporting the Trust’s vision, to give children better life chances through access to the best education and support we can give them.
About the role
The Cover Supervisor provides cover supervision for absent teachers, wherever possible across the Academy, and generally supports the smooth operation of the Academy staff at other times. They play a vital role in contributing to the culture, ethos and well-being of the whole Academy.
Salary & Benefits
Scale 18 £18,870pa FTE (pro rata)
Access to Local Government Pension Scheme
Who we are looking for
- GCSE English and Maths at A*- C or level 2 equivalent
- Commitment to and or experience of working with children and young people
- Ability to motivate and encourage children to meet their targets for learning and/or behaviour
- Ability to show awareness to when it is appropriate to consult teachers about a child’s behaviour or learning
- Understanding of the practical application of Equal Opportunities in a school context
- Aware of Health and Safety and safeguarding issues
- Excellent verbal and written inter-personal skills at all levels
- Ability to organise own work and be self-motivated
- Ability to write brief reports and keep records
- An accomplished user of ICT
- Excellent organisation, prioritisation and time management skills
- An ability to share skills to other members of the team
- High levels of discretion and integrity
- Approachable and Composed
- Comfortable around and able to form good relationships with staff, students and parents
- Ability to be empathetic towards parents and students
- Able to be firm when required and consistent
- Committed to own professional development and that of others
- Highly motivated and hard working
- Fully supportive of the aims and ethos of a school providing a specialist school education and committed to ensuring access to the curriculum for all children
The David Ross Education Trust (DRET) has grown to a network of 34 academies, incorporating primary, secondary and grammar, and special schools. We employ over 2000 people with the primary focus of raising the standards of education for 13,000 young people. Whatever your role, you should know you are contributing to achieving our vision of inspiring the next generation of young people to be the best they can in whatever they choose. Our aim is to be the country’s leading academy chain, committed to delivering the highest educational standards alongside an unrivalled package of sporting and cultural enrichment, including events such as the DRET Spring, Summer and Winter Cups, Music Cup, volunteering trips abroad, and regular trips/visits throughout the year.
We are incredibly lucky to be able to work alongside outstanding organisations and individuals who are happy to share their expertise and skills in supporting the David Ross Foundation's vision to give children better life chances through access to the best education and support we can give them.
While each academy is unique, we share common goals, aspirations, values and methods that enable us to work collaboratively and collectively to achieve our mission. We operate regional hubs, whereby academies work with other schools who are part of the Trust so we can share skills and knowledge, allowing them to benefit and learn from each other. We offer high quality programmes for CPD and Leadership Development to support our practitioners to deliver high quality teaching and learning across our academies.
To submit your application, please click on ‘apply for job’.
Thomas Middlecott Academy is committed to equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.