Havelock Academy is now recruiting for a Cover Supervisor. This role could be the ideal next step in your career.
If you are ambitious, inspirational, creative, open-minded, and want to be part of our success then we want to hear from you. See what it means to be part of the David Ross Education trust from our children and parents here.
About the role
To support and challenge all students to achieve their full potential.
Salary & Benefits
Who we are looking for
- Commitment to and or experience of working with children and young people
- Ability to motivate and encourage children to meet their targets for learning and/or behaviour
- Ability to show awareness to when it is appropriate to consult teachers about a child’s behaviour or learning
- Understanding of the practical application of Equal Opportunities in a school context
- Aware of Health and Safety and safeguarding issues
- Excellent verbal and written inter-personal skills at all levels
- Ability to organise own work and be self-motivated
- Ability to write brief reports and keep records
- An accomplished user of ICT
- Excellent organisation, prioritisation and time management skills
- An ability to share skills to other members of the team
- High levels of discretion and integrity
- Approachable and Composed
- Comfortable around and able to form good relationships with staff, students and parents
- Sense of humour
- Ability to be empathetic towards parents and students
- Able to be firm when required and consistent
- Committed to own professional development and that of others
- Highly motivated and hard working
- Fully supportive of the aims and ethos of a school providing a specialist school education and committed to ensuring access to the curriculum for all children
About The David Ross Education Trust
The David Ross Education Trust (DRET) has grown to a network of 34 academies, incorporating primary, secondary and grammar, and special schools. We employ over 2000 people with the primary focus of raising the standards of education for 13,000 young people. Whatever your role, you should know you are contributing to achieving our vision of inspiring the next generation of young people to be the best they can in whatever they choose. Our aim is to be the country’s leading academy chain, committed to delivering the highest educational standards alongside an unrivalled package of sporting and cultural enrichment.
To apply for the position, please visit our website.
Havelock Academy is committed to equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.