If you are ambitious, inspirational, creative, open-minded, and want to be part of our success then we want to hear from you. See what it means to be part of the David Ross Education trust from our children and parents here.
Providing our young people access to a world-class education and enrichment experiences is what drives us. Our students benefit from a wealth of opportunities to develop, learn and lead. From the classroom, to cultural visits, sports, music and arts and engaging with our local communities, the rich and varied experiences we create help fuel ambition and unlock potential. The education and experiences equips our young people with the leadership skills, team spirit, resilience and confidence to become outstanding citizens.
We work alongside outstanding organisations and individuals who are happy to share their expertise and skills in supporting the Trust’s vision, to give children better life chances through access to the best education and support we can give them.
About the role
The Cover Supervisor provides cover supervision for absent teachers, wherever possible across the Academy, and generally support the smooth operation of the Academy staff at other times. They play a vital role in contributing to the culture, ethos and well-being of the whole Academy.
31.25 hours per week, term time only. Monday to Friday 8.20am to 3.05pm. Permanent role.
Salary & Benefits
Scale 21 £20,138 FTE (£14,873 pro rata)
Access to Local Government Pension Scheme.
Who we are looking for
- GCSE English and Maths at A*- C or level 2 equivalent
- Commitment to and or experience of working with children and young people
- Ability to motivate and encourage children to meet their targets for learning and/or behaviour
- Ability to show awareness to when it is appropriate to consult teachers about a child’s behaviour or learning
- Understanding of the practical application of Equal Opportunities in a school context
- Aware of Health and Safety and safeguarding issues
- Excellent verbal and written inter-personal skills at all levels
- Ability to organise own work and be self motivated
- Ability to write brief reports and keep records
- An accomplished user of ICT
- Excellent organisation, prioritisation and time management skills
- An ability to share skills to other members of the team
- High levels of discretion and integrity
- Approachable and Composed
- Comfortable aroundand able to form good relationships with staff, students and parents
- Sense of humour
- Ability to be empathetic towards parents and students
- Able to be firm when required and consistent
- To own professional development and that of others< >ighly motivated and hard working
- Fully supportive of the aims and ethos of a school providing a specialist school education and committed to ensuring access to the curriculum for all children
About our Academy
Lodge Park is an 11-18 comprehensive academy, based in the town of Corby with nearly 900 students on roll. In January 2019 the academy was judged as requiring special measures by Ofsted. The new leadership team, with support from the David Ross Education Trust have drawn up rigorous plans to ensure rapid progress is made to improve the quality of education for all pupils.
Lodge Park is therefore seeking to recruit teachers who will have high expectations of all pupils and will work relentlessly to secure improved outcomes and life chances for the young people in our community. Driving this improvement is a commitment from academy leaders that teachers are the experts in their subject and they should be enabled to teach well planned units of the curriculum, ensuring students acquire knowledge; without the distraction of unnecessary workload, excessive observation and scrutiny or low value administrative tasks.
Leaders are committed to the “Principles of Direct Instruction” to deliver a knowledge based curriculum and we are seeking teachers who are looking to continue their professional development through an evidenced based approach to learning. The academy has a warm-strict approach to discipline and high expectations of pupils are now supported through a consistent and robust consequence system which is designed so teachers can concentrate on teaching and pupils can concentrate on learning.
The town of Corby in situated in the North of the county and is close to the market towns of Stamford, Uppingham, Oakham and Market Harborough. There are good transport links to the South East and the city of Leicester is only a 35 minute drive.
About The David Ross Education Trust
The David Ross Education Trust (DRET) has grown to a network of 34 academies, incorporating primary, secondary and grammar, and special schools. We employ over 2000 people with the primary focus of raising the standards of education for 13,000 young people. Whatever your role, you should know you are contributing to achieving our vision of inspiring the next generation of young people to be the best they can in whatever they choose. Our aim is to be the country’s leading academy chain, committed to delivering the highest educational standards alongside an unrivalled package of sporting and cultural enrichment, including events such as the DRET Spring, Summer and Winter Cups, Music Cup, volunteering trips abroad, and regular trips/visits throughout the year.
We are incredibly lucky to be able to work alongside outstanding organisations and individuals who are happy to share their expertise and skills in supporting the David Ross Foundation's vision to give children better life chances through access to the best education and support we can give them.
While each academy is unique, we share common goals, aspirations, values and methods that enable us to work collaboratively and collectively to achieve our mission. We operate regional hubs, whereby academies work with other schools who are part of the Trust so we can share skills and knowledge, allowing them to benefit and learn from each other. We offer high quality programmes for CPD and Leadership Development delivered through our Teaching School Alliance to support our practitioners to deliver high quality teaching and learning across our academies.
Lodge Park Academy is committed to equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.