Haydon is a large, friendly and creative school in North West London. We have been judged as outstanding by OFSTED. We are looking for a Cover Supervisor to thrive in our supportive environment.
- Supervision of pupils while carrying out pre-prepared work and work that has been set in accordance with the school policy
- To provide instructions for the lesson as provided by the teacher and respond to pupils’ questions regarding processes and procedures
- Establish productive working relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and setting high expectations
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils within the classroom
- Displaying and promoting high expectation from all pupils
- Support pupils consistently, recognising and responding to their individual needs
- Encourage pupils to interact and work co-operatively with others and engage all pupils in activities
- Promote independence and employ strategies to recognise and reward achievement of self-reliance
- Provide feedback to teaching staff in relation to pupils in lessons covered
- Provide feedback to pupils in relation to progress and achievement
- Organise and manage appropriate learning environment and resources
- Supervise whole classes during the short term absences of teachers
- Administer clear instructions to the class, based on the detailed work set, and actively supervise pupils as they carry out the instructions
- Supervise pupil groups in different areas of school when needed
- Provide feedback on learning activities and contribute to school review and development planning.
- Contribute to behaviour management within the school, in accordance with the school’s Behaviour Policy.
- Supervise various clubs in and after school hours; homework club, etc.
- Provide assistance and support to other Cover Supervisors
- Provide assistance and support to the Cover Manager, including helping with cover arrangements
- Provide assistance in Admin area when not required to provide cover including doing display boards
- Support departments with the preparation of resources, classroom displays, filing etc.
- Assist with the invigilation of examinations, as and when requested to do so
The post holder is required to hold an enhanced DBS disclosure.
The post holder will be expected to work to deadlines as they arise and have the ability to prioritise, including responding appropriately to emergencies.
The post holder is expected to adhere to all school policies and procedures.
At Haydon School we really value people who work well in a team, are solution focused self-starters, enthusiastic and flexible.
Please click on the ‘apply’ button below to complete the application form for this role.
To find out why we’re so proud of Haydon School, visit our website now: www.haydonschool.com or check us out on twitter @HaydonSchool
Haydon School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers must share this commitment.
To promote a safe environment for students, Haydon School employs a strict selection and recruitment policy which includes all statutory checks on staff and regular volunteers including Enhanced DBS (disclosure and barring service) checks.