Our staff are transforming lives and we support and develop them every step of the way.
Start date: 1st September 2019
Salary: Ark Support Scale 5 (£17,972- £21,285) depending on experience
Contract: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Charter Academy- Portsmouth
Nearest train station/transport links: Portsmouth & Southsea
Ofsted: Good (2016)
Visits to our school are encouraged; to arrange, please call 02392 824204 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you a motivated, driven and inspiring Cover Supervisor? Are you able to demonstrate effective behaviour management techniques? Join our school to help pave the way of success for students in the City of Portsmouth. As a Cover Supervisor you will cover high-quality, rigorous lessons that help support achievement, and inspire a love of learning that extends beyond the classroom.
- Communicate, distribute and supervise work that has been set.
- Report back to the teacher as appropriate using the schools agreed referral procedures on the behaviour of pupils during the class, and any issues arising.
- Promote the inclusion of all pupils within the classroom, being aware of and supporting difference, to ensure all pupils have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop.
- Set high expectations so that all students are inspired, motivated and challenged to reach their full potential.
- Manage behaviour effectively to create a safe, respectful and nurturing environment so that students can focus on learning
Could you make a REAL difference?
Become part of the Ark Charter community and work alongside our dedicated team of teachers, support staff and senior leaders to raise the expectations of a community, and spark a passion for learning in our young people which will last them a lifetime.
Our staff work hard every day to inspire each and every student to develop skills which will help them to achieve their full potential - both in the classroom and beyond. We pride ourselves in recognising hard work and rewarding it accordingly, providing opportunities for professional and personal growth in school and across the wider Ark network.
As well as professional development, we also take the wellbeing of our staff seriously, as we recognise that teaching can be a challenging profession. That’s why we give our staff more periods for planning, preparation and marking than in Local Authority schools, ensure most meetings take place during our working day to protect our valuable free time, and receive regular rewards and recognition from the Principal for our effort and enthusiasm.
We would love you to visit our school, and meet the students and staff which make the Ark Charter community such a welcoming place to work – contact email@example.com or call 023 9282 4204 to arrange your visit.
Ark is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.