Part Time, Fixed Term – Band E (£18,870 – 20,541) FTE
Start date: asap
St Bernard’s Catholic High School is an outstanding, popular and over-subscribed 11-16 academy in Rotherham. We are a Catholic Voluntary Academy and Teaching School who serve the East Rotherham area welcoming students of all faiths and denominations.
We are seeking to appoint a Cover Supervisor term time only (45 weeks at 32.5 hours per week). Hours of work at 8.30am – 3.50pm, including 50 minutes unpaid breaks. The main purpose of the post is to supervise and support students in mainstream classroom work in Key Stages 3 and 4.
To be considered for this position you must:
- demonstrate experience of working with 11-16 year olds in a classroom environment;
- be an excellent role model who strives to accomplish the very best;
- Has the desire and ability to help children of all abilities and backgrounds reach the highest levels of attainment and progress
- have a degree and GCSE passes at Grade C or above in Maths and English;
- have a good understanding of the job requirements;
- have basic ICT skills to include knowledge/use of the internet;
- be supportive of the school’s Catholic ethos (however you do not need to be a practicing Catholic)
We will offer you:
- A full induction and training package
- A supportive and hard working staff
- An ongoing CPD programme, tailored to individual requirements
- A calm, well-disciplined learning environment
- The opportunity to contribute to our Teaching School
For an application pack please visit www.sbch.org.uk/about us/vacancies or contact Vivienne Smith, Clerk to Governors on 01709 828 183. Completed application forms should be returned to Mrs V Smith, St Bernard’s Catholic High School, Herringthorpe Valley Road, Rotherham, S65 3BE or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only completed Catholic Education Service application forms will be accepted. Visits are welcome.
The closing date for receipt of completed application forms is: Monday 17th December 2018 at 9.00am.
Interviews will be held on: Thursday 20th December 2018
NB if successful for interview, references will be required prior to this date.
St Bernard’s Catholic High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to complete a DBS form in line with Section 115 of the Police Act 1997.