We are looking for an outstanding Cover Supervisor to join our team at Harris Academy Peckham.
As Cover Supervisor, your key duties will be:
- To supervise lessons for absent teachers.
- To allocate, explain and oversee cover work set.
- To report to the relevant Cover Manager any deficiencies with cover work set to include quality or appropriateness of cover.
- To offer general assistance to students in completing cover work in class.
- To follow the academy’s in class behaviour management and referral systems.
- To organize the days lessons efficiently in advance so that they run as smoothly as possible.
- When not engaged in carrying out cover, to undertake administrative or student support duties at the direction of the line manager or the relevant Vice Principal.
- Occasional supervision of post-16 students in their study base.
- To take registers in all lessons and promptly report any in lesson absences.
- To liaise directly with teachers to ensure cover lessons are delivered to a high quality.
As part of Harris, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education in London. With regular progression opportunities and outstanding CPD for support staff, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether at Harris Academy Peckham, in one of our other 49 academies, or in our central team. Our aim is to help you achieve your ambitions more quickly.
What we are looking for
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning. The successful candidate will have:
- Qualifications to A Level standard or equivalent
- Knowledge of strategies to recognise and reward efforts and achievements towards self-reliance that are appropriate to the age and development stage of the students
- Basic knowledge of SEN and other learning barriers
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- Relevant experience in successfully supervising groups of children aged 11-16
- Previous experience in a school or comparable large organisation
- Understanding of a secondary school environment
Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
Why work at Harris Academy Peckham?
- A place where all flourish, all feel valued and where achievement is the key to success.
- An opportunity to join an ambitious academy at the heart of the local community, working with experienced and inspirational leaders towards an outstanding future.
- The combination of the traditional values of good manners, strong discipline and respect with excellent teaching.
- Generous Harris benefits package and excellent opportunities for personal and professional development.
About Harris Academy Peckham
Our vision at Harris Academy Peckham is to ensure every child achieves excellence in all aspects of academy life. We have high aspirations, both in terms of academic standards and personal development, in order to prepare students for the demands of the 21st century global workplace. We expect every child to excel, and will provide the necessary challenge and support to make this happen. We give our students as many opportunities as possible. No matter what their ability, we want them to learn and experience as much as they can during their time at the Academy. We offer a full, broad and balanced curriculum, ensuring students of all academic abilities enjoy learning. Each student is given the individual care and attention they need to thrive and make maximum progress. This means that, alongside a strong academic education, we also ensure a strong welfare and personal development team is on hand to support our students every step of the way.
Please download the Job Pack for full details on the job responsibilities and person specification. You will need this when completing your online application.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact us via e-mail, or call to arrange a conversation.
Please note: we may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn without notice. Applications will only be considered if submitted online and before the closing deadline. With this in mind, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Our Benefits Package
In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package.
Being a part of the Harris Federation
We are recognised as the top performing large multi-academy trust in England for primary and secondary education. Closing the gap between young people from disadvantaged backgrounds and their peers has always been a core mission of Harris. Holding a reputation for bringing transformative approaches to education, we hold a unrivalled track record in achieving success through rapid school improvement.
Our people are at the heart of this success. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of training programmes available at every stage of your career.
We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.
Diversity and Equality
We are committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education.
Harris Academy Peckham
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Harris Academy Peckham is a place where all flourish, all feel valued and where achievement is the key to success. We are thoroughly proud of all our successes to date and look forward to further contributing to the Harris Federation’s excellent trac...