Salary: up to £18,000
Location: Longdon Hall School, Lichfield
HOURS: Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours – commencing January 2020 or sooner
Closing date for applications: 18th November 2019
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children and young people, we have the role for you!
We now have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Cover Supervisor to join our close-knit team at Longdon Hall School in Lichfield. Someone who takes a more creative approach to teaching would be perfect for this role.
About the School
Longdon Hall is an independent specialist day school for boys and girls aged from 7 to 18, catering for children with a wide range of needs. Our dedicated team work together to ensure successful outcomes for pupils who often arrive at the school with a troubled view of education and life.
We pride ourselves in steering children in the right direction, nurturing aspiration to progress them both academically and socially to encourage them to take pride in their achievements. Socially, we build conﬁdence in our students so they are able to have a greater understanding of the wider community in which they live.
About the Group
We are part of the Acorn Care and Education Group and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
Acorn Care and Education provide education and care across 20 schools and 19 residential care homes nationally. Our vision is to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK to be happy and to make their way in the world. Every day we improve the lives of thousands of young people, their families and communities through a relentless focus on caring and learning.
About the Role
The Cover Supervisor will:
- Lead lessons to meet the learning goals of pupils and to develop their knowledge and skills
- Assist in the planning and preparation of classroom and other learning activities by photocopying and preparation of teaching aids, classroom materials and ensuring that resources and displays are effectively used to support the learning process
- Support the effective implementation of the school behaviour policy by recording incidents, challenging unacceptable behaviour and appropriate use of restraints, sanctions and rewards
- Maintain clear and accurate records of the pupil’s progress and behaviour as required by awarding and accrediting organisations, Inspecting bodies and school procedures
- Please see Job Description for detailed information.
We are particularly interested in candidates from a teaching or SEN teaching backgrounds. As a class teacher you will seek ways to positively engage with and motivate pupils through lessons that promote learning and raise levels of attainment.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a Cover Supervisor who wants to spend less time on paperwork and more time developing creative learning opportunities for the most reluctant and troubles learners.
No two days are the same at Longdon Hall so we want staff who can work at pace to turn ‘can’t do’ into ‘want to’ and are motivated by working with children with complex needs. You will be motivated by your belief that every child can achieve and reach their potential. The ideal candidate will enjoy working with children in a calm and engaging demeanour, whilst being resilient using an innovative style of teaching motivated by your belief that every child can achieve and reach their potential. We want someone who places a focus on the positive outcomes of our children and takes responsibility for helping improve the lives of our young people.
Whilst previous experience of working in a SEN environment would be desirable, excellent teaching skills and the right motivation, personal qualities and levels of resilience are just as important.
- Must have Cover Supervisor or other teaching experience
- Ability to use ICT effectively and creatively, for teaching
- Understanding of the curriculum in order for successful planning and delivery
- The ability to manage challenging behaviour effectively
Why work for us?
A few reasons we think it’s a great place to work:
- Continuous professional development & training for a clear career path
- Company Pension
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
- No two days are ever the same
- Free School Meals onsite
- “Your Wellbeing Matters”
- Employee Rewards Hub
This position is due to commence in January 2020 or sooner (subject to approved reference/DBS checks).
Applications are invited online through the Acorn Care and Education website www.acorncare.co.uk If you have any further queries regarding how to apply please contact details.
Acorn Care and Education are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS.