Salary Grade: RIDNJC C
Salary Band: £18,933 - £19,698 FTE per annum
Actual Salary: £12,266 - £12,761 per annum
Location: The Ridgeway School & Sixth Form College
Contract Type: Permanent
Contract Term: Term Time + 5 days
Closing Date: Sunday 18th April 2021
Interview Date: Thursday 22nd April 2021
Hours: 28 hours per week, 39 working weeks, 44.64 paid weeks per year
Start: May 2021 (or ASAP)
About the Opportunity:
We wish to recruit an enthusiastic Cover Supervisor with a real passion for education to join our dedicated team and contribute to ensuring our school continues to flourish.
We require a resourceful and self-motivated Cover Supervisor to take responsibility for the learning, behaviour and progress of classes in the absence of the class teacher. The candidate should ideally have previous working experience in this field, with a passion and enthusiasm for working with secondary school students. We would like someone with a tolerant and compassionate nature, and sense of humour, which would be an asset. The ability to work cooperatively within a team setting is also essential.
The Ridgeway School & Sixth Form College is committed to ‘Inspiring learners for their future’. We are an ambitious 11-18 school with 1650 students, 230 of which are Sixth Form. The school lies just south of the M4 between junctions 15 & 16, and within easy travelling distance of Bath, Bristol and Reading.
Our ideal candidate will be:
• An excellent Cover Supervisor who loves working with developing young people and helping to inspire them to achieve high standards and realise their potential;
• A great team player who can work successfully in collaboration with others and contribute towards the school ethos and its school improvement activities;
• Someone who enjoys the challenge and can bring the vision, passion and drive to raise standards in all aspects of school life;
• Be fully committed to working collaboratively with the wider school community and across the federation;
• Able to make a significant contribution to the wider life of our School;
• Have experience of working with children with social, emotional and mental health difficulties; and be fully aware of the key elements of nurture provision.
• Able to positively promote inclusion and have high expectations for all children.
We can offer you:
• An attractive working environment with excellent facilities and supportive families;
• A committed, hardworking and supportive team;
• 100% focus on improving outcomes for the children in our school;
• A group of children with a passion for learning.
More information about the school can be found on our website www.ridgewayschool.com/
We know that your role requires you to put a lot of time and effort into it and because of this we believe you should be rewarded. As a White Horse Federation employee you will have access to benefits listed below.
Some benefits are accessible by all staff irrespective of their contract type (T). Some are only eligible to permanent (P) employees following a successful probation period as noted:
• Car Purchase scheme (P)
• Perkz discounts (P&T)
• Discounted gym membership scheme (P&T)
• Hire purchase Cycle to Work scheme (P)
• Childcare vouchers (P&T)
• Free and confidential advice, information and counselling service (P&T)
• Excellent Pension scheme (P&T)
Why Work With Us:
The White Horse Federation
The WHF is a Multi-Academy Trust which supports Primary, Secondary and Special schools in the south of England. At its heart is a belief that we want to develop the type of schools that we would be proud to send our own children to. We do this with a relentless drive for academic excellence blended with a shared moral purpose and shared values but also with an awful lot of fun and happiness in our schools. We genuinely believe in partnership working with our schools, the pupils and their parents and the wider community each serves to create the best possible outcomes for our children.
We also believe that our colleagues are among the finest in the country and we are proud to empower them through support, training and career opportunities. With such outstanding staff we are able to ensure every student achieves all that they are capable of and more, regardless of background, culture, heritage or ability.
TWHF has an absolute commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced criminal record check via the DBS. The Trust values the diversity of our workforce and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
TWHF recognises the benefit of having a diverse workforce and is committed to building a team which reflects diversity from the communities it serves. TWHF values the contributions from all staff from a wide range of different backgrounds and actively seeks to promote an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment; which at the same time supports fair promotion and cultural acceptance. Under the provision of the Equality Act 2010, TWHF welcomes applications from everyone and operates a recruitment process which is fair and does not discriminate against or disadvantage anyone because of their age, disability, gender reassignment status, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
The Ridgeway School & Sixth Form College
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
The Ridgeway School & Sixth Form College has 1560 students, 200 of whom are in the Sixth Form. The Ridgeway School & Sixth Form College is a coeducational secondary school and sixth form with academy status, located in Wroughton.