Grade: Scale 5 (Actual Salary: up to £20,795 pa)
Contract: 32.5 hours per week, Term-time only
Start Date: 3 February 2020 (or sooner)
Thomas Tallis is a flourishing and popular school situated in the Royal Borough of Greenwich. We currently have 1930 pupils on the school roll with over 550 students in our highly competitive sixth form. We strive for excellence in all that we do underpinned by our vision of education to understand the world and change it for the better.
We are looking to appoint a Cover Supervisor with experience in Visual Media Arts to support lessons for short-term absences of teaching staff. The ideal candidate will be confident, resilient and have excellent interpersonal skills. You will need to have an interest and passion for the VMA subjects including film and media studies. You will need to be firm but fair with excellent classroom management skills and a strong presence. The school wishes to recruit staff who want to do the very best they can to help make a difference to the learning of students. A degree or a good qualification in the relevant subject is required.
We are looking for someone who has:
• a good quality degree or relevant experience
• confidence, resilience with excellent communication and organisational skills
• experience of working with secondary age children and young people
• a professional, kind and calm manner
We can offer you:
• children and young people who are eager to learn and progress
• staff who are supportive, committed to their own professional development and to improving outcomes for the students here
• an excellent physical environment with state of the art facilities and infrastructure
• a school with humane management principles committed to your professional development
If you are passionate about providing young people with a safe, supportive environment in which to ensure their success, we want to hear from you.
Download an application pack from the school’s website or you can request one by contacting the HR Department via e-mail: HR@thomastallis.org.uk.
Application forms can also be returned to HR via email.
Application closing date: 16 December 2019, noon
Interview and assessment: w/c 6 January 2020
Thomas Tallis School is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Our commitment is underpinned by robust processes and procedures that seek to minimise risk and continuously promote a culture of safeguarding amongst our workforce. All posts within the school are subject to an enhanced DBS check. We welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or age.