This is a fantastic opportunity to join a ‘good’ school from 27 August 2019.
Ark Putney Academy opened in September 2012 as part of the Ark network in the London Borough of Wandsworth. Ark Putney is a mixed school with 765 students, ranging from year 7 through to a very successful sixth form.
As Cover Supervisor, you will supervise whole classes during the short-term absence of teachers, giving instructions for the lesson and ensuring good order is maintained and all pupils are kept on task. You will be instrumental in our mission to provide every student, regardless of their background, a great education and real choices in life.
Our ideal candidate will:
• Communicate, distribute and supervise work that has been set by the teacher
• Manage the behaviour of pupils whilst they work to ensure a constructive environment
• Collect any completed work after the lesson and return it to the appropriate teacher
• Report back to the teacher as appropriate using the school’s agreed referral procedures on the behaviour of pupils during the class, and any issues arising
• Organise detention duty and supervise detentions as required
• Promote the inclusion of all pupils within the classroom, being aware of and supporting difference, to ensure all pupils have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop
• Liaise with Heads of subject to provide support for the department when cover is not required
• To assist in the evaluation of the impact of covered lessons on pupils and throughout the school
• Be committed to Ark Putney’s ethos of high expectations
If you share our commitment to excellence, we want to hear from you.
Please submit your application by 11 am on 21 June 2019.
For questions about the position or an informal discussion, please contact the Principal, Alison Downey, on 020 8788 3421 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any other queries regarding your application, please contact Julie Rickard, Principal’s PA on 0208 394 5612 or email@example.com
Salary: Ark Support Scale 6: Pay Points 23 - 30, £25,485 -£27,676 full time salary.
The actual starting salary for the post is £21,824.
Start date: 27 August 2019
Closing Date: 11 a.m on 21 June 2019
Interviews: w/b 1 July 2019