Cover Supervisor, full time in term time
Hoe Valley School is an oversubscribed secondary School that opened in September 2015 to serve the local community of South Woking. Delivering innovative and exciting lessons to years 7,8,9 and from September 2018, year 10, the School is committed to ensuring our students leave us with excellent academic outcomes, the skills to be ‘work-ready’ and the traits of excellent global citizens.
This is an exciting opportunity for somebody who is looking to embark on a teaching career and wishes to gain classroom experience or for a qualified teacher who wishes to take on a different role within a school environment. We have supported previous colleagues with their progression from this type of role onto salaried and non-salaried SCITT programmes and have coached them as they take on more regular classes, team teach and become co-tutors.
The successful candidate will be organised, reliable, enthusiastic, flexible and be able to command students’ respect and build relationships with young people quickly and effectively. Reporting to the Senco, they will be deployed primarily to cover lessons the content of which will be provided by the absent teacher or Head of Faculty. When no cover is required they will be asked by the Senco to support vulnerable students in a Teaching Assistant capacity.
Like all staff at HVS, the job holder will contribute to the journey of the School to being an outstanding School and be part of the growth of the School. You will represent the values and ethos of the School at all times and put the safety and wellbeing of our students first.
The role is full-time and term time only.
- You will have a good standard of education i.e. minimum of 5 GCSE’s at A*- C including English and Maths or equivalent
- You will have experience of working with young people
- You will have experience of supporting and engaging with young people
- You will have experience of using technology in the classrooms
- Our staff feedback shows we have a team who feel trusted, listened to and who have a healthy work life balance.
- The excellent behaviour of our students and our resistance to any unnecessary paperwork means staff can really focus on teaching and learning.
- All of our team have a bespoke CPD programme in place and share best practice across faculties.
- Our staff are offered childcare and cycle to work vouchers, reduced gym membership at our neighbouring sports facilities and have access to convenient free parking.
- We have extended School days which allow for longer holidays to recognise and reward the commitment of our staff.
- The School is committed to offering bespoke professional development pathways to all members of staff and would ensure the successful candidate has a development programme in place.
This is an outstanding and rare opportunity to be part of a School's development and to see your career grow as the School grows.
Please send applications and queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for application is:
Sunday 3rd June 2018
Interviews will be held on:
Monday 11th June 2018
Applications are considered as they are received, we reserve the right to make an appointment prior to the closing date.
Only fully completed application forms received by the stated deadline for applications will be accepted as valid applications.
CV’s will not be accepted as applications. No recruitment agencies please.