Cover Supervisor, full time in term time
“Hoe Valley School is an inspiring environment at the heart of its community where every student’s experience is personalised. Our students will learn to think independently, pursue their ambitions and achieve to their highest potential.”
Hoe Valley School is:
- An outstanding, heavily oversubscribed secondary school which opened in September 2015 to serve the local community of South Woking
- Delivering innovative and exciting lessons to years 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11
- Committed to ensuring our students leave us with excellent academic outcomes, the skills to be ‘work-ready’ and the traits of excellent global citizens
- Following the national curriculum and offering an extended day, allowing time for additional Maths and English along with time for all students to complete their homework during the compulsory day
- A Google School with ICT fully embedded in all curriculum areas
- Committed to learning which is relevant with links to the ‘real world’ of business, higher education and the local community
- In a state of the art new school building on Egley Road, Woking
- Committed to supporting our staff to have a good work / life balance by offering longer school holidays, bespoke CPD programmes, minimising paperwork and meetings and ultimately by trusting our staff to deliver excellent outcomes
This is an exciting opportunity for somebody who is looking to embark on a teaching career and wishes to gain classroom experience, or for a qualified teacher who wishes to take on a different role within a school environment. Hoe Valley School has a track record of supporting colleagues with their progression from this type of role onto salaried and non-salaried SCITT programmes and have coached them as they take on more regular classes, team teach and become co-tutors.
The successful candidate will be organised, reliable, enthusiastic and flexible. They will be able to command students’ respect and build relationships with young people quickly and effectively.
Reporting to the Director of Teaching and Learning, they will be deployed primarily to cover lessons the content of which will be provided by the absent teacher or Head of Faculty. When no cover is required they will be asked by the SENDCO to support vulnerable students in a Teaching Assistant capacity.
Like all staff at HVS, the job holder will represent the values and ethos of the School at all times and put the safety and wellbeing of our students first.
The School is committed to offering bespoke professional development pathways to all members of staff and would ensure the successful candidate has a development programme in place.
The role is full-time and is term time only.
- You will have a good standard of education i.e. minimum of 5 GCSE’s at A*- C including English and Maths or equivalent
- You will have experience of working with young people
- You will have experience of supporting and engaging with young people
- You will have experience of using technology in the classrooms
- Our staff are offered cycle to work vouchers, reduced gym membership at our neighbouring sports facilities and have access to convenient free parking.
- We have extended School days which allow for longer holidays to recognise and reward the commitment of our staff.
- The School is committed to offering bespoke professional development pathways to all members of staff and would ensure the successful candidate has a development programme in place.
This is an outstanding and rare opportunity to be part of a School's development and to see your career grow as the School grows.
Please send applications and queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for application is:
Sunday 19th May 2019
Applications are considered as they are received, we reserve the right to make an appointment prior to the closing date.
Only fully completed application forms received by the stated deadline for applications will be accepted as valid applications.
CV’s will not be accepted as applications. No recruitment agencies please.