NJC GRADE 4/5 depending on experience
Term Time Only plus 5 INSET Days
8.15 am – 3.30 pm (32.5 hours per week)
We are seeking a highly motivated, well organised person to fill the post of Cover Supervisor to start as soon as possible.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Supervision of classes in Years 7 – 11 in the absence of the class teacher
- Ensuring that the lesson objectives are met and that work set is completed
- Establishing and maintaining a constructive, purposeful and safe working atmosphere
- Promoting and reinforcing the school’s values
- Good literacy and numeracy as well as a broad interest in the Secondary curriculum
- An interest in and an understanding of how young people learn
- Able to form positive relationships with school students while exercising authority in the classroom
- Sound judgement in the classroom
- An ability to understand broad issues in an educational context
- Good IT skills.
We are seeking an outstanding individual to fill the post of Cover Supervisor as soon as possible. This main function of this post is to supervise classes for teachers who are absent. Other duties may include exam invigilation, administrative tasks and assisting in the school learning resource centre. The successful applicants will be highly motivated, well organised, have good IT and interpersonal skills with adults and students and be confident in dealing with young people. Good time management and excellent organisational skills are also required.
If you feel you have the necessary skills for this position and would like further information, an application form and job description can be downloaded from the links provided on the school website at www.worthinghigh.net/vacancies or obtained from the school by phoning 01903 237864. Further information about the school and details of how to apply can also be obtained from the school website.
Application forms should be posted to the Headteacher at Worthing High School, South Farm Road, Worthing, BN14 7AR or emailed to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is 29 January 2018
Interviews will be held on 5 February 2018
NOTE FOR RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: We prefer to hire people directly but we do have a preferred supplier list for when we need a helping hand. We will be in touch if we need you.
Please note, because of the nature of this job, if you are successful in your application you will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service with barred list check. This will be done by means of applying for a DBS certificate through the Disclosure and Barring Service. Disclosures include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions, spent or unspent. Clearance will be obtained before employment commences.
Worthing High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- Worthing High School is an academy and a charitable company limited by guarantee and registered in England and Wales with company number 8276210. The Registered Office is at: South Farm Road, Worthing, West Sussex BN14 7AR
- We recognise continuous service from academy/non-academy schools