Are you looking for an exciting challenge in a new environment? An excellent opportunity has become available for an innovative, enthusiastic Cover Teacher at Horbury Academy.
We are seeking to recruit confidant and enthusiastic individuals to join our Cover Teacher team, delivering pre-planned lessons in the absence of a teaching member of staff.
This is an ideal springboard opportunity for Graduates to gain sound teaching experience prior to initial teacher training or a developmental role for an individual wishing to work with young people.
The ideal Candidate will:
• Be qualified to GCSE Maths and English grade C or equivalent, ideally to A level standard or NVQ Level Three;
• Have a natural passion and enthusiasm for helping students learn and enjoy lessons across the curriculum;
• Understand that disadvantaged groups need additional support and encouragement in the classroom;
• Be committed to our ethos that all students can achieve at Horbury Academy.
Horbury Academy has:-
• Ambitious, eager to learn students who have the benefit of both an innovative curriculum and extra curriculum programme;
• A safe, caring environment where respect and consideration is taught, established and valued by all;
• Warm, dedicated and well trained staff who are committed to doing their best for students every single day;
• Membership of Pixl, and is keen to network and take risks with new ideas and strategies;
• A number of benefits to offer including a fantastic internal CPD programme, free parking, vibrant, multi-million pound state of the art facilities that foster excellence in teaching and learning, and a great location which is accessible from J40 of the M1.
If you would like further information regarding the role or to arrange a visit to the Academy please contact the HR department on 01924 282740.
Closing Date is Friday 28 June 2019 at 12 noon
The interviews are expected to take place week commencing 2019 1 July 2019.
Please note CV’s will not be accepted, application forms can be found on our jobs page.
Please return completed application forms to the HR Department at Horbury Academy by email to email@example.com.
It is an exciting time for Horbury Academy a founding member of the Accord MAT, working in equal partnership with Horbury Primary, Middlestown Academy and Ossett Academy and Sixth form College.
Horbury Academy is committed to the Equalities Act 2010 and also to promoting the welfare and safeguarding of children and young people, by adhering to the “Keeping Children Safe in Education” guidance. All staff and volunteers are regularly trained regarding our expectations in keeping our students safe. An enhanced DBS is required for every post.