Creative and Inspirational Deputy Headteacher for Inclusion
Are you an experienced school leader committed to improving outcomes for all children? Are you looking to join a highly committed and enthusiastic leadership team in our supportive, dynamic and vibrant school?
Sudbourne Primary School seeks a Deputy Head for Inclusion/SENDCo to help take the school to its next level of development; enhancing the lives of all those who are part of the school community. This crucial role offers an opportunity to take a strategic lead on SEND provision and in ensuring inclusivity and the celebration of diversity are central to our inspirational curriculum. Candidates should be driven by a clear moral purpose and have the ability to be a role model to staff and children, to build teams, and empower others. Energy, optimism and enthusiasm are essential in order to share our passion for inspiring and empowering children to flourish.
You will join a talented and hardworking staff team, supported by a Leadership Team and Governors who are committed to fostering a culture of team work, collaboration and professional growth.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an outstanding and experienced teacher and school leader
- Be an experienced and qualified SENDCo or have a background in SEND with an intention to gain the NASENCo award
- Be ambitious for our children and staff, with the imagination to put an inspiring vision into practice
- Have a real belief in inclusivity and the fact that all children can be supported to be successful
- Have an understanding of recent and pending changes in education
- Be adaptable and flexible to the changing landscape of modern pedagogy
- Have the skills to inspire and promote the highest quality of teaching and learning
- Be passionate about education in a school deeply rooted in the local community
- Wonderful pupils in a diverse and inclusive school with a real commitment to the community
- An enthusiastic and highly skilled staff team
- A powerful ethos based on improving children’s lives through outstanding education
- An imaginative curriculum which emphasises the importance of all aspects of a child’s development
- A brand new building and an exciting teaching and learning environment
- A deeply committed staff and Board of Governors, constantly striving for improvement and excellence
- Active and engaged parents and carers
- A commitment to on-going professional development to further flourish your career
- An opportunity to work in Partnership with other schools within our federation
- Excellent Continual Professional Development programme
For further information about the role please make an appointment to speak to Mr. Broad, Executive Headteacher, by contacting our Admin Officer, Lorraine Hanson, via email email@example.com or telephone 020 7274 7631.
School tours with our Executive Headteacher:
- Monday 30th Jan 2:30pm
- Wednesday 1st February 9:00am
- Friday 3rd February 9:00am
- Monday 6th February 9:00am
- Wednesday 8th February 2:30pm
- Friday 10th February 9:00am
Visits to the school are essential. If the above are not convenient, please contact the school admin officer to explore other dates/times.
How to Apply:
All applications must use the form provided via the above 'Apply Now' button. Completed application forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org - please do not submit CVs, as these cannot be accepted.
Closing date for applications: 5pm, Friday 17th February 2023
Shortlisting and Invite to interview: Monday 20th February 2023
Interviews: Thursday 23rd February 2023
Sudbourne Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks, including an enhanced DBS check, will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed.