We require a Creative Design Technician to work closely with our dedicated Creative Design Futures team, in a school renowned for its outstanding results and special atmosphere. You will have a passion for all visual and tactile arts, excellent organisational skills, the ability to work accurately and under pressure and have an understanding of safe working practices within a multi-faceted, design-based environment.
You will provide teaching support sharing your subject expertise along with sharing competency and best practice around machine use and Design processes with colleagues and students to support with developing skillset and coursework.
The successful candidate will have:
• personal enthusiasm to embrace and contribute to our new vision for design in its widest form, encouraging experimentation, creativity and exploration
• the ability to support and direct our students, either individually or in groups, in Design-related tasks, encouraging them to achieve the best they can
• excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• the ability to work on their own initiative or as part of a team and who will enjoy the challenges of this role
• be willing to be immersed in the life of a busy and successful school.
Experience of working as a Design Technician or Trainer in a school or FE setting is desirable, but the ability to support and direct individuals or groups of students in Design-related tasks is essential.