Creche Support Assistant:
Doha College is one of the oldest British curriculum schools in Qatar providing a world class education for 1914 students between the ages of 3 and 18, who represent over 72 nationalities. Established in 1980, the college was originally opened to meet the demand for a British-style education, and continues to operate under the sponsorship of the British Embassy on a not-for-profit basis.
The essential duties for the Crèche Support Assistant include but are not limited to:
• To ensure activities and site are safe for participants and staff.
• To determine appropriate staff ratios and communicate with line manager
• To provide, organise, lead, and instruct individuals and groups in specified programs.
• To supervise and implement safe practices as it relates to participants, programmes, and facilities.
• To positively and successfully perform within work team dynamics.
• To issue, receive, maintain, and inventory recreation equipment and supplies.
• To maintain attendance, and activity records and make required reports.
• To enhance the program or activities via participant solicitation or feedback.
• To make recommendations to the line manager regarding program enhancement and any concerns regarding operations.
• Other duties as assigned by the line manager.
• Specific programme or activity to which is instructed.
• Use of tools and supplies in the application of the program.
• Working with primary children with varying degrees of ability.
• General understanding of child development and proper disciplinary actions.
• Education & practical training in sports, fitness, games, crafts, cooking, science, outdoor recreation and other recreational and cultural activities.
• Read, write and effectively communicate in English
• Work effectively with people.
• Organise and plan.
• To deal in a courteous, knowledgeable & tactful manner with staff.
EXPERIENCE & TRAINING:
Experience of working with children.
Must be 18 years of age or older.
Previous experience in the leading or instruction of various ages and abilities preferred.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS: 1st – aid certifications or be able to secure during the first six months of employment. Safeguarding training.
While performing the duties of this position, the crèche supervisor may be frequently required to sit, stand, reach, walk, run, manipulate objects tools or controls, and communicate. The position may require mobility and the occasional lifting of objects. Manual dexterity and coordination may be required to operate such as but not limited to, art tools, play equipment, program equipment, and standard office equipment.
3 hours per day from Sunday to Thursday at 6:30 am to 7:30 am & 01:00 pm to 3:00. Term time only.
Only candidates with a family sponsorship currently residing in Qatar will be considered.
Doha College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All appointments are subject to an Enhanced DBS Check (or appropriate), staff disqualification declaration, medical clearances and references.
To apply please to go: www.dohacollege.com/recruitment
Applicants should complete a Doha College Support Staff Application form.