Salary: £18,354 - £20,055
Contract: Permanent, 37 hours p/w
Location: South Bristol Skills Academy
About the Role:
City of Bristol College is seeking to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic and proactive credit controller. We are looking for someone with experience in credit control and who is confident in working in a fast paced environment, with changing priorities.
You will also need to be able to build and maintain excellent working relationships with stakeholders, at all levels, internally and externally, as well as other members of College staff and students.
What you’ll be responsible for/what we are looking for:
The role will involve:
- Contacting businesses and students to arrange timely collections to control and reduce debt to set targets
- Cash allocations - obtaining remittances and correctly allocating the funds received on a daily basis
- Risk analysis on disputed invoices
- Resolving any disputed invoices
- Build and maintain close working relationships with our HE, FE and apprenticeship teams.
- Preparing statements and month end reports
- Raise invoices
- Cover in the finance team
The ideal Credit Controller will possess the following attributes/skills:
- Able to work well within a dynamic team
- Strong excel skills
- Previous credit control experience, including collecting debts from individuals as well as businesses
- Great communication skills with internal and external stakeholders
- Proven track record of reducing debt
Life at City of Bristol College:
City of Bristol College offers:
- a generous holiday entitlement of 26 holiday days (including bank holidays and 8 college closure days)
- membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme with employer contributions of 15.5%
- death in service benefit 3x salary (if a member of the pension scheme)
- cycle to work scheme
- a variety of online shopping discounts and offers
- free car parking at most college sites
- a supportive package of continuous professional development
- as well as a range of staff support packages
About the College:
City of Bristol College is one of the City’s largest employers, based at four different sites across the City. We offer a wide range of courses from entry to degree level and cater for learners of all ages and backgrounds. We strive for student achievement through providing the best possible student experience, professional staff and outstanding resources. Our success in this isn’t possible without the commitment, dedication and collaboration of every member of staff.
If you feel you can demonstrate the dedication, skills and passion required for this role, we look forward to receiving your application.
Please refer to our Job Description, Person Specification and Conditions of Service and Applicant Information for more information about the post.
Closing date: 23 June 2019 (midnight)
Interview date: Monday 1 July 2019