Adult Community Learning - Brentwood
Essex Adult Community Learning is undergoing significant transformational change to further enhance customer focus, quality of service and to address the need to be a business focussed commercial organisation, with the view to becoming a lead provider of learning for the people of Essex and beyond.
The curriculum coordinator will contribute to the development of a vibrant curriculum offer and ensure a team of tutors are motivated and supported to achieve good results. The role will be critical in influencing a curriculum design that is contemporary and builds a positive ACL brand. The post holder will have the ability to analyse and use a variety of data sources to inform planning, improvement and decision making.
The curriculum coordinator will work as part of a team to share best practice, bring about change and provide consistency in practice. The effective use of IT is essential to improve communication, develop subject matter expertise and to provide support to tutors that raised performance. This role will be instrumental in the implementation of quality standards as set by the Business Improvement team and the Curriculum Coordinator will be required to contribute to the SAR process, providing consistent subject matter expertise.
This role will include 180 hours each year of teaching and/or training to disseminate best practice and develop the skills and expertise of the team and/or to maintain subject matter expertise.
The purpose of the role is to provide consistency across the specialist area and to plan and develop a high quality adult learning programme across a wide geographical area. This role will require creativity and innovation to change current ways of working whilst continually striving towards improved outcomes for customers. It will be important that this role understands how to plan a viable, cost effective programme that responds to customers, community, partner and funders expectations and needs.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- To support the recruitment, induction and mentoring of new tutors, provide supervision and performance management for exiting tutors, record and analyse data through 360 degree review that contributes to the identification of developmental needs of the tutor workforce.
- Provide professional support and subject matter expertise for tutors that enable them to deliver a vibrant curriculum and course offer.
- To support the development of a contemporary programme, innovative resource base and promote the effective use of digital technology to support teaching, learning and assessment.
- To develop methods for sharing best practice and celebrate success.
- To implement the quality standards across the specialist area, contribute to timely reporting, monitor improvement and identify areas for development that will lead to improved practice and outcomes for learning.
- Contribute to the review and completion of the self-assessment report as defined by the Business Improvement team and support the completion of an improvement plan and the writing of SMART objectives and evaluative statements.
- Work alongside staff in order to allocate sufficient and appropriate resource to each course within a programme and within the constraints of the budget.
- Work with and respond to regulatory bodies to ensure the provision meets required standards.
- Work in partnership for mutual benefit, reaching particular target groups, increasing funding opportunities and improving the overall customer journey.
- Contribute to the programme planning, marketing and sales campaign to build a positive brand image and promote courses to reduce course cancellation and increase participation.
- Develop new opportunities for full cost recovery provision that generates new income and reduces dependency on decreasing funds.
- Develop and supervise groups of volunteers to ensure they are supporting learning and improving student success.
- Ensure that up to date knowledge is maintained regarding any developments in own subject area and participate in staff development opportunities.
For further information and to apply, please visit our website.
Closing date: 7 December 2016.
Interviews are scheduled to take place Wednesday 14th December 2016.
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.