We are looking for an energetic, passionate and hardworking Curriculum Director of Modern Foreign Languages to work across North Cambridge Academy (60%) and the new Northstowe Secondary College (40%).
North Cambridge Academy had a progress score in 2017 of +0.30 and for 2018 +0.32 and is in the top 20% of schools nationally for progress. You are looking at a small school (415 pupils) where you will make a profound difference to children’s life chances.
Northstowe Secondary College is a brand new secondary school at the heart of the Northstowe Education Campus, due to open to Year 7 in September 2019. The College will become the cornerstone of the Northstowe Learning Community, which will in time include a primary school; a special educational needs school and a sixth-form college. The new secondary school will feature state-of-the-art facilities for science, catering and hospitality, the arts, sports and leisure, forming a comprehensive offer for our students and our local community.
The focus of the selection process will be upon getting the right person- with the appropriate record of accomplishment, skills, commitment and ambition. This position would be suitable for those who currently teach Spanish and one other modern foreign language.
Our ideal candidate will:
• Have a passionate and uncompromising commitment to pupil achievement
• Be a believer in the potential of young people, with a mind-set that all children can experience success
• Possess outstanding communication skills and personal integrity
Our ideal candidate will have a commitment to and a belief in the CMAT core values:
• Achievement for All
• Valuing People
• A High Quality Learning Environment
• The Pursuit of Excellence
• Extending the Boundaries of Learning
Curriculum Directors can look forward to a high quality job package and a wide range of CPD opportunities offered by our trust and its teaching school status, along with promotion opportunities within the wider family of CMAT schools.
We can offer you
• A post with the potential for future progression both within this role and the wider trust
• The support of the wider trust network of experts and access to informal and formal professional development.
• A successful teaching school within the CMAT trust and with a strong track record of staff development
• Employee Assistance Programme to help support you in everyday life as well as career decisions
• Staff social activities, including staff fitness and wellbeing sessions
• Free breakfast at NCA in the school restaurant and free tea and coffee throughout the day.
North Cambridge Academy moved into a brand new state of the art building 3 years ago, which affords us an excellent working and learning environment. We are situated to the north of the city, approximately a mile from the centre of Cambridge. There is easy access from the A14 and we are close to the new Cambridge North train station. Cambridge is a vibrant university city with a growing reputation as a great place to live for both individuals and families.
Northstowe Secondary College is a new 11-16 Secondary College, co-located with a 400-place sixth form (opening 2024), 110-place SEN School (opening Easter 2020), Primary school and Nursery School (opening in later phases). The Secondary College will open to year 7 only in September 2019. This first intake and all future intakes will be drawn from the new town of Northstowe and the village of Longstanton. It is expected that 80 – 120 pupils will be in the first cohort of Year 7 in 2019. Based on these numbers and previous demographic projections we are planning for between three and four classes when we open in September 2019.
We encourage visits before interview and these can be arranged by contacting Alison Gallagher PA to the Principal
For further information please contact Alison Gallagher PA to the Principal
The closing date for applications is 9am on Monday 25th February 2019 and interviews will take place on Tuesday 5th March at North Cambridge Academy.
North Cambridge Academy and Northstowe Secondary College are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This means that the post holder will have a shared responsibility for the safeguarding of all children and young people. The post holder also has an implicit duty to promote the welfare of all children and young people.