Ambitions Academies Trust (AAT) comprises schools from all sectors: mainstream (primary and secondary) and special. AAT secures outstanding achievement and improved life chances of all our pupils. All our Academies have high expectations as the focus of their work. We are strongly committed to supporting colleagues in developing their careers further and offer excellent CPD opportunities.
We currently have the following vacancy at St Aldhelm’s Academy.
Curriculum Lead – Art
Full Time – Permanent position
Salary Scale: AAT Main or Upper pay scale depending on experience
Are you looking for your next challenge? Do you relish the chance to support colleagues to take rapid and sustained school improvement? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
This is an exciting opportunity to join St Aldhelm’s Academy within Ambitions Academies Trust. Dynamic, forward thinking and absolutely committed to changing the lives of all young people, we are seeking a new colleague who will share our inclusive and positive ethos.
What can we offer?
• An opportunity to live and work in the beautiful county of Dorset with excellent links to travel across and enjoy the beaches and countryside of the West Country.
• A thriving school community with extensive facilities.
• A creative and innovative culture keen to explore new ways of working to meet fresh challenges and exploit opportunities.
• A Trust wide strategy to support mental health and well-being with a ‘champion in every academy.
• The benefits of working in a highly collaborative multi-academy trust including opportunities to work with leaders in other Ambitions academies.
• Excellent personal career development – our culture is to promote from within the Trust as much as possible.
• Access to a Microsoft training package to enhance software expertise to support the outcomes of the academy and trust
• A bespoke online safeguarding package.
We are looking for a Curriculum Leader of Art who:
• has a passion for their subject and the ability to make their subject come alive with inspirational and interactive lessons which challenge and support all pupils to secure the best outcomes.
• Is an excellent classroom practitioner with strong subject knowledge.
• demonstrates ambitious standards and has high expectations for all pupils ensuring that there is a robust curriculum and assessment framework underpinned by a strong extra-curricular provision.
• has a record of raising standards across key stages 3 and 4.
• Has excellent organization skills
• can drive forward strategic priorities and translate these into practical actions.
• demonstrates professionalism consistent with the Trust’s values: aspirational, collaborative, inclusive, innovative and responsible underpinned with a high degree of emotional intelligence.
Our mantra, ‘High Expectations lead to High Achievers’ applies to everyone who is involved in the academy, whatever their role and we place a strong emphasis on staff well-being.
This role can provide excellent preparation for a subsequent move to Senior Leadership which the successful candidate may be aspiring to in the next few years.
We are a truly comprehensive school located in the heart of our community. There are high levels of respect, support and kindness across our staff team and senior leadership.
Closing date for applications: Friday 10th December 2021 at 9am
Interviews will take place week commencing: TBC
Start Date: ASAP
For an application form please contact Charlene Crack firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website http://www.ambitions-academies.co.uk/vacancies-2/
Ambitions Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Rigorous checks will be made of the successful applicant’s background credentials, including enhanced DBS checks.