Holy Cross College is seeking to appoint a Curriculum Leader (Biology and Health and Social Care) to commence from 1st January 2022 (or earlier if possible).
We welcome applications from suitably qualified and experienced teachers from the secondary, sixth form or further education sector, with a proven track record of achieving high level results for their students in either one or both of these curriculums areas.
The post is on a full time, permanent basis with a salary of £48,780 to £50,033 p.a. plus excellent benefits!
• To uphold and reflect the College’s distinctive ethos and mission
• To ensure effective curriculum planning and design to meet the needs of potential and current students
• To oversee the planning and delivery of excellent Teaching, Learning and Assessment across Biology and Health and Social Care
• To monitor and support student progress so that each achieves their full potential.
• To quality assure all aspects of the student experience.
• To monitor, support and develop staff, to maximise their potential.
• To ensure the recruitment and deployment of teaching staff and the deployment of the financial and physical resources to support the curriculum area.
• Leadership and line management of all teaching and support staff across a curriculum area.
• The planning and delivery of high quality teaching, learning and assessment across all subjects within the curriculum area.
• The effective management of resources across the curriculum area.
• The standard of the learning environment across the curriculum area.
• Quality assurance across the curriculum area
• The performance, development and review across the curriculum area.
• The adherence of all staff in the curriculum area to all college policies, specifically but not limited to Safeguarding and Health and Safety policies.
Working at Holy Cross College
We believe Holy Cross Sixth Form College is a great place to work as we genuinely care about all our staff and want them to be happy working here.
In return our staff can expect:
• Generous holiday entitlement
• Option to apply for sabbatical leave
• Family friendly policies
• Free car-parking (on and off-site)
• Automatic enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
• Excellent opportunities for CPD and individualised induction programmes for new staff
• Cycle Hire scheme (subject to terms and conditions)
• VDU eye sight test vouchers (subject to terms and conditions)
• Various health and wellbeing benefits (including an on-site gym, staff well-being initiatives, staff badminton and football)
• Counselling service – face to face counselling as well as access to a confidential telephone counselling service
If you relish innovation and excellence in supporting learning and pastoral care, allied to a sense of community, then we would love to hear from you. We welcome applications from all those who could enthusiastically support this vision and ethos.
Further details and an application form are available from the College website: https://www.holycross.ac.uk/information/job-vacancies/
Closing Date: 9.00 a.m. on 30th September 2021.
Interviews will take place shortly after the closing date.
Holy Cross College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. In this respect all applicants are advised that any offer of appointment will be subject to Enhanced Clearance through the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) as well as other relevant
Holy Cross College
- Further Education
- Students of mixed gender, age 16 - 19 years
Holy Cross, founded by the Daughters of the Cross, is a Catholic Sixth Form College, which exists to provide a high quality education within a community based on Gospel principles.
The college is committed to providing high quality...