We are a highly supportive school with strong subject and senior leadership to help you develop. We are looking for a highly ambitious, committed and dynamic professional to lead our Computer Science and ICT department who is passionate about their subject, communicates well with young people and makes a positive impact on their learning. The Computer Science and ICT department comprises of two other Computer Science and ICT teachers. It currently delivers the AQA GCSE in Computer Science and the Level 2 Cambridge National in Information Technology. We are looking for a candidate who has the vision to grow the department so that we can offer Level 3 courses in Computer Science or IT to our Sixth Form students.
This is not a job for the faint hearted as we drive towards becoming an 'Outstanding' school.
We will offer you:
- Results above the national average and improving rapidly
- A well resourced department with excellent IT facilities
- Strong uptake at GCSE Computer Science and OCR with a three-year Key Stage 4
- Personalised, supportive CPD
- Support so you can flourish and be the best you can possibly be, whichever stage in your career
- Strong collegiate atmosphere
- Support to achieve NPQSL and beyond
- Supportive and thorough induction programme
- A primary school with discounted nursery provision for staff
- Outstanding specialist facilities in all rooms
- Strong SLT
- 5-minute walk to a direct rail link to London Marylebone (40 minutes)
- State of the art gym available for staff use
The Academy is at an exciting stage of development with an experienced Executive Principal. In Ofsted's visit, January 2019, the school was judged 'Good' in all areas for the first in the Academy's history.
"The executive principal's inspirational leadership has enabled a rapid improvement across all areas of the academy".
- "Outcomes have improved because of strong subject leadership".
- "The behaviour of pupils is good. There is an atmosphere of mutual trust and respect across the school. Pupils' conduct is calm and orderly".
- "Staff morale is high. They believe that leaders and governors take staff members' wellbeing and workload into account and they feel well supported by the school".
- "Staff new to the school feel very well supported by their more experienced colleagues and the packages of training and support on offer".
- Comprehensive induction and training programmes offered by senior leaders and the link advisor ensure that they very quickly establish themselves in their posts".
- "Pupils show a well-developed understanding and tolerance for others who are different from them. Tolerance and diversity are promoted well at Aylesbury Vale Academy".
Consequently, results are now at the national average for the first time in the Academy's history with a Progress 8 score of 0.02 in 2017-18. Prior to the publication of Progress 8 for 2019-19, it is clear that this has risen further8
The successful applicant will have a passion about learning, have strong inter-personal skills, be resilient, be an excellent teacher and have great subject knowledge including experience of a number of GCSE specifications. The post is primarily to lead Computer Sicence and Information Technology in the secondary phase, but all curriculum leaders are expected to work with primary colleagues in delivering their subject.
The school is improving at a rapid pace and this is a career defining opportunity for those who can play a pivotal role in enhancing the life chances of children and young people. The Academy, sponsored by the Diocese of Oxford, moved into new purpose-built accommodation in September 2013 and is benefitting from state-of-the-art facilities and teaching. Situated on the new Berryfields housing development, the Academy (including the primary phase) is set to increase its roll in the new few years. There are currently 1431 students on roll including over 400 in the primary phase.
Our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children will be reflected throughout the recruitment process and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
For further information, contact Mrs E Perrin Executive Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the Apply Now Button.