The Stockwood Park Academy have an exciting opportunity for a Curriculum Leader for English to join our successful and thriving academy. You will lead a passionate team of teachers who are committed to delivering the AQA English curriculum in engaging and innovative ways. We are looking for an inspirational leader who will motivate, encourage and support the department in ensuring every student makes progress in the subject area. With a clear vision for the success of the department, you will guide your team as they develop the provision of English throughout the academy.
It’s incredibly important to us here at The Stockwood Park Academy that all our teachers feel valued, listened to, mentored, challenged and given adequate opportunities to develop. As a Teaching Trust, we offer exceptional teacher training and high-quality professional development programmes catered to your needs. Consequently, we have many success stories of teachers that have joined us and been given excellent CPD and training that has allowed them to climb the career ladder.
The successful candidate will:
• Maintain and build upon the standards already achieved and continue the growth and development of the faculty.
• Have demonstrable experience on school improvement and managing the work of others
• Have demonstrable experience of using performance management and performance data to inform target setting, planning and policy.
• Be able to lead, coach and mentor others
• Start Date: September 2019
• Salary: Leadership scale: 9 - £48,687
• Job Role: Full time, Permanent
Why work for The Stockwood Park Academy:
• £30 million state of the art modern facilities with well-equipped classrooms
• You’ll be working alongside charismatic, supportive and genuine colleagues and Senior Leadership Team who want to see you succeed and thrive
• A staff well-being team that implements various strategies to boost staff engagement including various activities, events, conferences and many other staff benefits
• Unparalleled CPD and training opportunities with cross trust and national development programs
• Excellent opportunities to develop and grow in a successful and expanding Academy
• To be part of an 11-18 provision with opportunities to teach in the sixth form in for many subject areas
• All teaching staff receive a laptop to use whilst in employment