Solihull Academy is a free school, opening in April 2018, catering for up to 110 Year 9 -11 pupils that will ensure all students across the Local Authority have access to a high-quality alternative educational provision.
Situated in Solihull, just minutes off junction 4 of the M42, the new alternative provision Academy will provide a safe, well-ordered, caring and highly supportive learning environment that will deliver high-quality education to students who need a more closely-focused learning solution. The use of outstanding, inspiring teaching and clear, consistent guidance and support will play a pivotal role in helping each child fulfil their maximum potential for growth, self-worth, and self-control.
We are seeking to recruit an effective, creative and passionate Curriculum Leader in English to help drive forward Teaching and Learning and have a real impact for our students. Your role will be to lead and develop the team to good and outstanding, to raise student achievement, promote a love of English and enhance progress still further.
The suitable candidate(s) for this essential position will be:
· an excellent, experienced practitioner with a proven record of good academic results and impact in English with students of all abilities
· passionate about realising the potential of all children within a multi-cultural and inclusive school
· able to lead quality first, wave 1 provision and implement academic intervention for individuals and groups across a range of abilities and learning needs
· committed to maintaining and nurturing our ethos where all pupils can feel equally valued for their culture and contributions.
This is an opportunity for an ambitious and energetic middle leader:
- To develop and lead English and Literacy from the start.
- To take a full and active role in the development and leadership of the new Academy.
- To inspire and intervene with students who need a fresh start and new approach to reach their potential.
- To teach a timetable of core subject lessons.
The Academy leadership team is determined to give our students the best opportunities possible to become successful, responsible citizens with the best life chances. This is a critical appointment for the School, and is an exciting opportunity for you to work in an aspirational, therapeutic and innovative environment with students who need you.
We welcome applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion. Only applications submitted on the academy’s application form will be accepted. Solihull Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all Staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.
Application forms should be completed in full and sent, along with letter of application, to Mr. S. Steinhaus, Solihull Academy, c/o Station Road, Knowle, Solihull B93 9NU or by email to:. SolihullAcademyHR@arden.solihull.sch.uk. For further information please contact Stephen Steinhaus, Principal Designate of Solihull Academy, by email on email@example.com.
Closing Date: Monday 15th January 2018