Bristol Brunel Academy is an oversubscribed, forward-thinking Academy based in Speedwell, Bristol, rated “Good” by Ofsted in 2013 and 2017. Our students are excited to learn and are real ambassadors for our diverse community who benefit from a hugely positive and supportive learning environment.
We are looking for a passionate and inspiring Curriculum Leader of English to join a supportive and talented team who will be passionate about transforming our students’ learning.
We look for passionate individuals who want to be a part of transforming education and will make an active contribution to the development of the Cabot Learning Federation and chosen Academy. You will be used to planning and consistently delivering high quality lessons, will have experience in delivering the curriculum in your chosen area and will be a strong communicator with the ability to embrace change and motivate colleagues and students. A well-qualified specialist, holding QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant undergraduate degree, you will have the ability to teach from KS3 – KS4. We look for professional’s who have excellent class management skills and have high expectations of work and behaviour.
What we are looking for
Due to expanding pupil numbers and growing department, we are not only looking for a highly experienced English Teacher, but also for a professional to lead the English department as Curriculum Lead.
You will maintain an excellent working environment for English that is both inspiring and functional for students and teachers. As curriculum leader, you will:
- deliver schemes of work/programmes of study that challenges all abilities across all year groups;
- develop and secure a consistent delivery of key levers, enabling creative and inspiring teaching;
- monitor progress of all students, ensuring classroom level interventions supports all students to make good progress;
- nurture and develop a high performing team that uses delegation to provide vertical opportunity and influence.
As part of the Cabot Learning Federation, we offer a range of benefits, including:
- access to our pension scheme – Teacher Pension Scheme / Local Government Pension Scheme (if eligible)
- dedicated Training and Development programme
- childcare discount and vouchers
- health and wellness sessions and discounts
- flu jabs
For further information and to apply, please visit our careers page .
Closing date: 17th March 2019.
CVs will not be accepted. If you have not had a response within two weeks of the advert closing date, you can assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will, in accordance with statutory guidance, be subject to a comprehensive pre-employment checking process including references from current and previous employers, health clearance and right to work in the UK. The checks will also include an enhanced DBS check and a further check against the appropriate barred list.