L 7-11 (£45,290 - £49,976) level to be determined in line with skills and experience
- potential recruitment bonus for an exceptional candidate – up to £5,000
- assistance with relocation costs where applicable
Are you a talented, engaging and ambitious Maths teacher who can lead our Maths department? Can you make a positive difference to the lives and futures of the students in our school? If so, we can offer you a fantastic opportunity to lead our specialist Maths team and to build upon its existing strengths and to take its performance to the next level.
We offer an exciting opportunity to inspire and motivate all students to enjoy and achieve in Mathematics and to build upon its existing popularity. We seek someone with specialist knowledge and a passion for Maths who can develop our curriculum and who will promote classroom practice to enable all our students to make exceptional progress. We seek a leader who is passionate about academic excellence, collaboration and delivering high quality teaching for every student.
The successful applicant will:
- Enhance learning and teaching within Maths.
- Lead and inspire a love of learning in Maths.
- Lead the planning and development of the Maths curriculum.
- Maximise progress and achievement through rigorous monitoring, intervention and review.
- Develop the potential of our students and our staff.
- Be able to teach Maths at GCSE, Maths at A level and, ideally, Further Maths at A level.
- Have energy, resilience, optimism, a sense of humour and the determination to see things through.
- Make a full contribution to the wider life of the school, our STEM offer and the personal development of our students.
In return we offer:
- Support and development for your leadership skills and for your career progression.
- A fantastic opportunity to lead an enthusiastic and committed Maths specialist teaching team and to develop further the popularity and success of the Maths department within our school.
- The opportunity to work within an ambitious and highly supportive environment.
- Highly motivated students who are keen to participate and succeed.
- The scope to take a love of Maths well beyond the classroom.
We are a highly successful, oversubscribed 11-18 mixed comprehensive school with 1400 students in the school including over 280 in the sixth form. Our outcomes are consistently high with 81% of students achieving A*-C in English and Maths in 2016 and our GCSE and A level results regularly place us in the best performing schools in the country. Our motto of ‘Realising potential and creating the future’ is reflected in our commitment to maximising the personal development and achievement of all those in our school community.
If you feel that this position is of interest and you have the right experience and skills, then we would welcome your application. Should you need any further information regarding your application then please contact Miss J Mountain by email at Mountainj@fulford.york.sch.uk
Further details and an application form can be downloaded from our website www.fulford.york.sch.uk. Completed forms supported by a letter of application should be addressed to Miss J Mountain, PA to the Headteacher (Email address: Mountainj@fulford.york.sch.uk).
Closing date for applications: Sunday 26 February 2017
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo appropriate child protection screening including a DBS check.
Applicants will be asked to provide full employment history and any gaps in employment will be explored at interview.