A unique opportunity has become available for an ambitious, forward thinking teacher to develop their skills by leading our successful Performing Arts department. Due to our current Curriculum Leader going on Maternity Leave we require an outstanding and dynamic teacher to lead our flourishing department and contribute to the development of our innovative curriculum.
Colton Hills Community School is a highly regarded 11-18 community school judged by OFSTED to be a ‘good’ again in September 2018. The school encompasses a rich and harmonious multicultural community and is committed to the development of all students with the majority staying on in the sixth form.
The Performing Arts department
The Performing Arts department has a vision for all students to become independent and successful learners who are able to engage in dance, drama and music from different cultures and use the arts to explore social, cultural and historical topics. The school are currently in the process of applying for Arts Mark status and the successful candidate would be pivotal in driving this plan forward. Uptake of Performing Arts is good at Key Stage 4 with outcomes that are above national for progress and attainment. The department offers BTEC Performing Arts TECHNICAL Award in dance and drama as well as Arts Award at Bronze and Silver level.
• Our students are eager to learn and you will be joining a talented and committed team of staff who are leading improvements not just in Performing Arts but across the school. You will have many opportunities to develop your career at Colton Hills Community School through our excellent in-house CPD programmes and the opportunities to lead a successful and popular subject.
The person we are looking for should be:
- Passionate and enthusiastic about Performing Arts and a specialist in Drama.
- Have experience of teaching music and dance at Key Stage 3.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Arts Award at Bronze and Silver level
- Willing to drive the school forward in achieving their Arts Mark goal.
- Inspirational, creative and a highly effective teacher
- Driven to ensure excellent student progress
- A hardworking, imaginative thinker and have excellent organisational and time management skills
- A team player who wants to work and engage with colleagues at all levels
- Talented and have a track record of high quality examination outcomes
- Able to teach across KS3-5
OFSTED May 2015 and Sept 2018
- “The school is a harmonious, welcoming, multicultural community”
- Pupils are respectful, courteous and polite. They value the support which their teachers provide. They are proud of their school”.
- “The quality of teaching is good. Teachers ask searching questions that provide a good level of challenge to all students, including the most able.”
- “Students are currently making good progress in English, mathematics and science.”
- “One parent summed up the views of many when they wrote, ‘I am very happy with the school and the progress that my children have made.”
We can offer you:
- Pupils eager for success
- Supportive parents who value education
- Supportive colleagues
- Excellent professional development and guidance
- Major investment in ICT
- Extensive grounds and facilities set in green belt.