Curriculum Leader – Geography – September 2018
MPR/UPR & TLR2B – (Salary open to negotiations for outstanding Candidates)
Copthall School is a culturally diverse and inclusive all girls secondary school based in Mill Hill, Barnet.
Geography results are consistently strong (85% pass 9-4), with our 2017 results at GCSE and A-Level above the national averages. Our thriving Sixth Form which is in the top 12% of schools for A Level results (ALPS grade 2) offers both A-Level and vocational pathways and our students boast an excellent success rate in University applications. Following the appointment of a new Headteacher in September 2016, Copthall has seen rapid improvements in standards across the school which resulted in outstanding outcomes and a progress 8 score of +0.82. Copthall also featured in the 2017 Parliamentary Review showcasing best practice.
We are looking to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic and suitably qualified Curriculum Leader of Geography who will join a thriving and committed department. This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate looking for promotion or alternatively an experienced candidate who would like to join and lead a department in a thriving school.
The successful candidate will:
- be able to demonstrate the ability to lead a team
- be an excellent classroom practitioner with the ability to enthuse students with a love of learning
- have a commitment to, and be passionate about, maintaining and developing high standards of achievement for learners of all abilities across all Key stages
- have the proven ability to think strategically and inspire and promote high expectations to raise standards
- be committed to our ethos of high expectations and no excuses with the belief that every child can succeed
- have the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of pupils
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Join a supportive team that has a good track record for student outcomes
- Access to continuous staff development. All staff receive coaching as part of our Incremental Coaching Programme and we strongly support NPQML & NPQSL
Visits to the school are welcome and encouraged. Please get in touch if you would like to arrange this or visit us at our ‘Recruitment Fair’ on Wednesday 18th April 2018.
Copthall School is committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults.
Appointment is subject to a clear DBS check to an enhanced level.
Application forms must be completed and are available from the School website: http://www.copthallschool.org.uk/219/join-us or by phoning the school office on 020 8959 1937.
Completed forms should be returned directly to Copthall School at the above address or via email to email@example.com.
Closing date: Friday 20th April 2018 (12 noon)