We are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated Curriculum Leader for Maths to lead the curriculum area within our school and be part of our vibrant, forward thinking Trust. We are interested in talking to both experienced teachers looking for a new challenge as well as those that already have experience leading a curriculum or subject area.
In 2019 Ely College was rated as GOOD with OUTSTANDING leadership and management. This comes just three years after we joined CMAT and is an accurate reflection of all the hard work and dedication that staff have put in to transforming the college over the last three years.
In 2018 Ely College not only secured the best GCSE results in its history but was also named as the "Secondary School of the Year" by the Cambridge News Education Awards.
The department boasts excellent facilities and the successful candidate will join an experienced, friendly team who have consistently achieved a fantastic set of results. This position will include teaching up to and including post 16 as the subject area continues to grow in the coming years.
Our vision is to ensure every student receives an inspiring education which will equip them with the skills and knowledge needed to succeed beyond the classroom. We have an unwavering focus on progress, which is underpinned by a strong partnership with parents and the community ensuring that our students are a credit to the College. Cambridge Meridian Academies Trust is a success story that continues to grow and part of their success is down to the ability to Recruit, Develop and Retain the very best teachers.
What we can offer you:
· A philosophy of 100% achievement and inclusion
· A commitment to extending the boundaries of learning enabling all young people to become well- rounded individuals
· A purposeful and caring learning environment, where every individual is known, valued and supported
· Well-motivated and engaged students and ambitious, dedicated and professional staff
· A commitment to leadership, innovation, staff progression - we are passionate about retaining good teachers - and partnership working, as part of our family of schools
You will benefit from:
· An induction programme for all new staff
· Weekly training sessions and staff meetings to ensure effective communication
· Employee Assistance Programme to help support you in everyday life as well as career decisions
· Staff social activities, including staff fitness and wellbeing sessions
· Free tea and coffee throughout the day
· Ample on site car parking in a city location
· As a member of the CMAT Trust, there is potential to be promoted and/or work across a number of schools in a close geographical area
You will be:
· An excellent and creative classroom practitioner with the ability to spread the enthusiasm for Maths beyond the classroom
· Enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team
· Able to build effective working relationships with students, parents and staff
· Able to provide stimulating and engaging experiences for our students, challenging them to achieve beyond their expectations and supporting them to become lifelong learners
· Willing and committed to developing and sharing outstanding teaching practice
· Able to work in partnership with students, parents, staff, governors and the wider Community
For informal enquiries about the role or a tour of the school please contact Victoria Cutforth, HR Officer.
Interviews will take place week beginning 3rd February 2020 .
To apply for this vacancy, please click the apply button below and if you have any queries beforehand please do not hesitate to contact us.
The post holder will have a shared responsibility for the safe guarding of all children and young people. The post holder also has an implicit duty to promote the welfare of all children and young people. The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be subject to an enhanced check with the DBS.