CURRICULUM LEADER OF MUSIC Plus TLR
We are delighted to offer the opportunity to join St Cecilia’s RC High School, a popular and growing school in Lancashire’s Ribble Valley.
The Governors are seeking to appoint an experienced and suitably qualified practitioner with a proven track record of success to lead the Music Department.
They will be an outstanding classroom practitioner with a drive to improve the life chances of young people through education.
The role is to develop and implement a successful well sequenced and interleaved curriculum which enables all students to make at least expected progress and provides an enjoyable learning experience for all that goes beyond school life.
The successful candidate will be joining a thriving and growing school which has recently been judged ‘Good’ by Ofsted in October 2019 and oversubscribed in September 2019 when we welcomed 109 pupils for 93 places.
The Governors and Senior Leaders are committed to your professional learning with a culture of research and reading at the heart of what we do, including staff well-being and workload.
The successful candidate will be supported via a well-developed, bespoke professional learning package appropriate to their individual needs and aspirations.
The successful applicant will be:
• Excellent practitioner
• Have excellent piano skills that will be assessed at interview
• Must be able to motivate, challenge and inspire pupils to succeed in Music
• Be committed to improving the outcomes for all pupils
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Have high expectations of themselves, the pupils and all other staff
• Have excellent communication skills and the ability to develop and improve practice in others
• Must be passionate about the Music curriculum
• Up to date with relevant pedagogy and apply this to their teaching
• Not suitable for an NQT
Essential Educational Requirements
Qualified Teacher Status
Degree or equivalent
Deadlines for Application
• Closing Date Monday 24th February 2020
• Shortlisting Friday 28th February 2020
• Interviews Friday 6th March 2020
If you would like an informal discussion about the role, or tour of school, please email Mr Ivan Catlow, Headteacher on email@example.com
Completed applications using the Catholic Education Services form should be returned via email to:
Mrs Barbara Clarke, School Business Manager to firstname.lastname@example.org