Curriculum Leader of Science Required for Ruislip High School
MPS/UPS plus Outer London Allowance TLR 2c
Required for September 2018
Ruislip High School opened in 2006 due to the demand for secondary school places in the local community. In its short history, Ruislip High School has become a school of choice; it is a school both in, and for, its local community. The examination results at GCSE are above national average for attainment with a Progress 8 score in the top 30% of schools.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly effective individual to join our flourishing science department. The sciences are an extremely popular choice at A Level and the department has a successful track record of students progressing to Oxbridge and Russell Group universities. The successful candidate will lead one of the three subjects within science and also take responsibility for one of the key stages. We are seeking an individual with the drive and leadership to help take an already effective department to the next level. The TLR is negotiable for a candidate with an outstanding skill set.
The successful applicant will:
· be an excellent and ambitious classroom teacher;
· have a proven and demonstrable track record of success at GCSE and A Level;
· have middle management experience in a science department;
· have a good understanding of the current educational developments, especially those relating to classroom based practice;
· have the highest expectations of students;
· have an enthusiastic and positive approach within and beyond the classroom;
· have energy, stamina and a sense of humour.
Ruislip High School is an equal opportunities employer
Please contact Gina Hurry on 01223 907 976 / 07771 330 123 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential conversation or to arrange a school visit.
All completed applications to be sent to Gina Hurry E: email@example.com by 12 noon on Tuesday 8th May 2018
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to DBS checks where appropriate along with other relevant checks.
We reserve the right to research applicants on social media platforms and the internet, and the panel members may take this into consideration during the recruitment process.