Situated in the London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham, Fulham College Boys’ School is a highly inclusive school, committed to ensuring success for all students.
The school is evolving into a STEM specialist centre and we are looking for a creative, inspirational and enthusiastic teacher to lead our successful Science department. This is an amazing opportunity for the right candidate at an extremely exciting time for the school.
Our state-of-the-art new Science building is due for completion in January 2020 and will have six bespoke laboratories and prep areas - ready for our official opening in September 2020 as a STEM specialist academy.
The successful candidate will lead our Science department and will support the school in delivering an outstanding Science curriculum. As Head of Science you will be joining a high-achieving department with excellent teachers who are always willing to go the extra mile – you will be given autonomy to make your mark within the school and help us to continuously grow.
This will be a high profile and key role within our school delivering the STEM curriculum at an exciting time of change and would suit those who are looking to advance their career within a supportive academy environment. You will be part of a Trust that is dedicated to developing its practitioners and nurturing future leaders and will contribute to sustaining our current outstanding practice.
The school offers:
- A strong focus on achieving the best possible results for all students.
- An exciting future working alongside our Academy Trust schools.
- An effective and supportive induction programme for new staff.
- A bespoke and personalised CPD programme with a strong focus on Teaching and Learning.
- An innovative pathways curriculum which enables all students to be successful.
- Termly staff social events.
- Termly ACHIEVE Days - all staff and students go off the timetable and have a day of activities.
- International Evening - once a year we celebrate our amazing diverse student body and faculty. Students perform musical pieces for everyone and parents bring in traditional cooked dishes from home.
- Flexible working options considered.
- On-site parking available.
Further information, details about the role and an application form are all attached. Please return completed application to Robinsl@fulhamcollege.net
Alternatively, application packs are available on our website via the Apply button.
The successful candidate will be appointed to our multi-academy Trust and may be expected to teach on any of our sites.
Closing date: Monday 20th May 2019 at 9.00am
Interviews: Wednesday 22nd May 2019
We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure will be requested for the successful candidate in accordance with the relevant legislation.