Our vision is to become a beacon of educational excellence, transforming the lives of the individuals and communities we serve
Curriculum Leader Social Sciences
Reference Number: SCC181998
Salary: Starting salary £38,014 with incremental progression to £40,684
Advert Closing Date: Midnight Sunday 17th March 2019
Interview Date: W.C. 18th March 2019
Location: Pendleton Sixth Form College
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours per Week: 1.0 FTE
As a Curriculum Leader you will be an inspirational and outstanding teacher who promotes the highest levels of achievement for all students. The Curriculum Leader of Social Sciences will support the Head of Department and lead across provision of Psychology, Sociology and Criminology. You will hold relevant qualifications and experience within the field. You will support the team in focusing on increasing recruitment across the courses and working towards College and departmental targets to exceed National Benchmarks and achieve ALPS 3 in all our provisions. Using your enthusiasm and expertise you will lead, develop and monitor the curriculum so as to maximise the achievement of all students. As part of this role you will be required to teach. The prospective candidate should have a proven track record of teaching across a variety of levels and it is essential that applicants have a genuine interest in this subject area.
To apply for this job, please complete the registration and online application form via our website.
Reason to Join Us:
- Sixth Form College’s Associations terms and conditions (195 days) and automatic enrolment on to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- A range of developmental & career opportunities
- A number of optional Salary Sacrifice Schemes including IT Equipment, Childcare Vouchers & Bikes
- Staff Discounts and NUS Extra
- Various health & wellbeing benefits including discounted gym memberships & confidential staff counselling via CareFirst
- Family Friendly & Flexible Working Policies
Commitment to Safeguarding
As part of our safeguarding commitment we undertake DBS checks as part of our pre-employment procedures on all potential new employees. Appointees will be required to pay for their own DBS checks where applicable to the post.