Al Dhafra Private Schools are owned by Dhafir Group who are a highly successful and well-organised establishment based in the UAE. The group currently own 2 co-educational, all through schools based in Abu Dhabi and Al Ain, which offer American and British curricula respectively.
Al Dhafra, Al Ain is a well-respected and popular school with over 2650 students, meeting the needs of the local Emirati and diverse international community. The school is on a very exciting journey and is eagerly awaiting its next inspection from the Abu Dhabi Department of Education and Knowledge (ADEK). The school follows both the English National Curriculum (with courses to IGCSE, AS, and A level) and the American system. The school empowers its staff to fulfill their roles successfully and encourages and supports professional development. The school enjoys the benefits of dynamic, experienced leadership and management, a vibrant learning community, dedicated teachers and supportive governance. The school is located in the east of the Abu Dhabi Emirate, on the border of Oman. Al Ain is known as the Garden City of the UAE, benefitting from oases and ancient irrigation schemes. It is a welcoming family city only 75 minutes away from Abu Dhabi or Dubai.
Curriculum Leader, United Arab Emirates
We are seeking to appoint a motivated, highly skilled, enthusiastic and dedicated teacher who would work alongside, develop and support a multi-cultural staff team, as our Curriculum Leader , in our continued pursuit of excellence. Our focus is purely on your ability as a practitioner so experience of the Middle East is not necessary.
We invite applications from teachers who are committed to:
- Making a school the very best it can be
- Nurturing and developing every aspect of a child’s development
- Making learning meaningful, student centered and enjoyable
- Promoting a real sense of family community through working in partnership with all stakeholders
- Their own and their colleagues’ professional development both within their school and across the Abu Dhabi network of schools
- Supporting school improvement and aspiring to excellence
- Contributing to the wider life of the school.
Qualifications / Person Specification
- A recognized teaching qualification: minimum of a B.Ed. or BA/BSc + PGCE/QTS.
- A minimum of 2 years recent teaching experience preferred
- An excellent understanding of pupils’ individual support needs
- Experience / Understanding of the English National Curriculum, curriculum development, and change management
- Experience / Understanding of English language learning, particularly for students for whom English is a second language
- Excellent communication skills to lead by example, as well as collaborate with leaders, Senior Management and parents
- Ability to research new initiatives and implement them whilst evaluating current processes.
Terms and conditions
- 2 year contract renewable
- Remuneration package including a competitive tax-free salary, accommodation or allowance, health insurance, flight allowance and end of contract gratuity.
Please send your full CV, with details of two referees (including email addresses) and a recent photograph along with a letter of application, making reference to your classroom practice, planning and assessment, and recent school initiatives to: email@example.com
Please insert the position applied for as the subject of your email.
Please visit www.dhafraschools.com for more information about us.
Interviews with take place by Skype over the next fortnight. The School reserves the right to make an appointment to a suitable candidate before the closing date.